The Pointing Thread

Good little hunter chase at Worcester tonight. To my untrained eye Mr Moss looks a potential bet at the prices. Any thoughts Martin?

The favourite should win - haven't seen much of Sarah Bowen but she's won on it in the past and he's the best horse in the race.

Good hunter chase at Kelso today - molten brown carried out cash last time, might be worth an each way bet.

As ever any thoughts appreciated Martin

Last hunter chase of the season tomorrow. What a season it's been for this thread, some tremendous tipping from Martin on here. Hats off and thanks!

Just been reading through it and that recent run of winners was ridiculous. Nicely done Martin

I'm a convert now as well. Had a great day at Tabley. Lost every bet, drank a skinful and ate some decent food. Although that is the usual outcome of any day out I have, I was surprised at how good it was. Next time I just need to tap Martin up for a winner ..

Glad you enjoyed it Tincan - I was there myself doing interviews etc. post race but didn't feel great as hadn't been too well.

It was a good days racing there in the sunshine (for the most part). King's Legacy will win back under Rules this Summer for the Hills FWIW.

In today's race Lilbitluso is out as he received a bite in the field yesterday apparently.

Personally think Probably George (who's for sale) will go well for Kenny Lynn who's a regular on the Northern circuit. He's been below par this season, most notably when beaten miles in a HC at Perth but won over 2m5f round here last year and his 15l 2nd to Cave Hunter at Hexham nearly three weeks ago isn't bad form. As things stand the only question mark I can see concerns the trip but he's been running better of late and should go well at 10's(ish) though obviously would prefer 3 places.

Martin

Had to add Chartreux too at a huge price - been running over 2m4f of late and this 3m2f is much more his thing, would pick up and carry these on his form of 2 years ago.

Martin

Sick - not a great end to the Hunter Chase season there. Hoping some crop up under Rules in the next few weeks, away in a few days until next Thursday but hopefully will still be able to post briefly during that time.

Martin

No problem Benny - hoping it continues to pay through the Spring and Autumn.

More work to do on the sales catalogues in the off season too

Martin

Last edited:
I haven't seen this years criteria but as Archie says based on previous criteria he'd be ineligible for any British Hunter Chase next season.

Martin

Handy Andy going pointing this season. Looks like yours truly might be riding him out at home! 😁

Former pointer Sumkindofking put up a taking performance on his rules debut for the in-form Tom George yesterday and is definitely one to follow when the ground is decent, being by King's Theatre.

13:55 Lingfield - Galros Lady. This is the best handicapped horse in training, I put her up for the Huntingdon Novices Hunter Chase in May when she ran like a drain having been in season. She racked up a few wins last season having been beaten by Innocent Girl who hacked up off a similarly low mark and has won a few times since under Rules at Barbury last season. The trip of 2m4f should be fine for her as she won over this trip (probably shorter in reality) at Cottenham in January and sold for a fair few quid (for one of her rating) during the Summer. I'd be very disappointed if she's beaten and certainly surprised if she starts odds-against.

Martin

Back