The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

I'm actually not hugely concerned about tomorrow's result.

I don't think they would pitch Hurricane Fly in here unless he was able to do himself justice, but then again, they absolutely won't give him a hard race either. And he has lost on his seasonal re-appearance previously; again following a setback. I don't know if we'll see the full picture tomorrow (even if he does win) and I think the only race that matters to connections - and me - is the Champion Hurdle.

If Hurricane Fly gets turned over and is pushed-out to, say, 4/1? I will be robot-like back to Betfair, looking to hoover up as much of it as I can.

I'm already half-way to China. Might as well keep digging. :D

thats why i think U is the bet tomorrow

I don't think she is by any means a certainty to confirm running with Thousand Stars, myself. At nearly twice the price, he would be my alternative to the favourite.

I'm going over a cliff with Oscars Wells but I'm sure we've not seen the best of him this season. Agree about HF being potentially vulnerable.

Looked like Robbie went to soon last time out. Tempting price.

JH in todays Irish Examiner

There are only five runners, so it’s bound to be tactical but I’m hoping Thousand Stars will take up the running and set a decent clip. Oscars had to do much of the donkey work the last day and we’d prefer to wait longer. I think he’ll run a great race.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...at-leopardstown-pot-181867.html#ixzz1knhhPE6n

Maybe she's forgetting that her horse was beaten pointless by Thousand Stars, when held up on his previous run?:)
Willie Mullins has gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that Hurricane Fly is ready for this, and a bunch of stayers, and a mare that was fortunate lto, shouldn't cause him too many problems. Can't see Thousand Stars being ridden as conservatively as lto and, as clear 2nd best horse in the race, ought to make for a knocking forecast (around 9/2 at current prices).

Anyone who fancies OW has got to back it for the CH before the race.That said I have backed HF for today rather than back him for Cheltenham at evens after he wins today.would much prefer to back him for this and then look for value march.I don't buy into the theory of vulnerability,if he wasn't spot on he wouldn't run him today considering his history.

Maybe she's forgetting that her horse was beaten pointless by Thousand Stars, when held up on his previous run?:)
Willie Mullins has gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that Hurricane Fly is ready for this, and a bunch of stayers, and a mare that was fortunate lto, shouldn't cause him too many problems. Can't see Thousand Stars being ridden as conservatively as lto and, as clear 2nd best horse in the race, ought to make for a knocking forecast (around 9/2 at current prices).

Why was the mare lucky last time out?

I can't see any danger to Hurricane Fly at all.

WM has played his cards just right and this is most likely where he intended starting off anyway.

Absolutely no sense in running him at the start of the season when the cream comes later. Here, Cheltenham, Aintree and Leapordstown will do him just fine. Longer break between Cheltenham and Aintree this year and knowing that it makes more sense strating late.

He's not going here to lose to THousand Star or anything and he should be 1/4 the sam as Big Bucks was yesterday not 4/6.

Fill yer boots toots The Hurricane will strorm home...missed my calling I should have been a poet :)

Back