The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

Course might suit Thousand stars better Granger but he'll be hard pushed to be placed. He's really not that good.

To be honest that that was one very ordinary race the way it panned out on crap ground. I'm still dizzy pressing the "Bet" button unbelivebale price. 1.95 ? Someone's imagination was running wild.

Last edited:
Would agree with that.zarkander might run a place if it's improved.I was gutted when spirit son was pulled out but it wouldn't have mattered.different gravy.

Last edited:
very good horse
nothing new today

Thousand and the mare underperforming

Oscar Wells is too slow to be placed a in the Champion Hurdle.

Need another horse to make the race. Hopefully Zarkandar puts up a good showing somewhere.

Someone will surely show evens on the day

i don't like odds on shots in big races..but there is nowt within 10lb of this..Zarkander will be way too slow..another one who needs 2.5 plus

if ever a horse should be odds on in a big race...its this one.

He's a lower price to win the Champion Hurdle than he was to win today and that was one desperate race on desperate ground.

You'd need to be mad.

Can anyone explain to me the sort of problems that Hurricane Fly has that keeps him off the racecourse? Something I've wondered about for ages!

The horse tries to hard in training, hence why he used to get injured. Mullins has since stated that he only goes 50% with him compared to others in the yard. He'd be pretty decent if they could go all out with him.. :lol::lol:

He's a lower price to win the Champion Hurdle than he was to win today and that was one desperate race on desperate ground.

You'd need to be mad.

No he isn't. He's never been odds-on for the Champion Hurdle. He's currently evens.

Geez! I'm so sorry

He's odds on with 12 of the 15 major bookies. and the 3 that are offering evens wouldn't lay you 2 bananas at evens.

Sprinter Sacre 5/2
Hurricane Fly 1/1

I tried to get that double on for a bit of money with one and was offered only 5/1 which is them asssuming SS will win and cutting HF odds to about 8/11 just incase he does........They're a joke.

Last edited:
Very impressive today and has certainly set the bar pretty damned high. Can anything reach the required level to take his crown? Very unlikely.

I very much hope the bookies take him on. Evens would be spectacular. They might do after they've filled their bags getting Sprinter Sacre beat! :lol:

P.S. Tongue firmly in cheek before anyone goes off on one.

HF came out of it well

Mullins said on Monday: "He's fine this morning, which is great news.

"He really surprised me how well he did it yesterday. He was very quiet in the parade ring beforehand, but maybe he's just maturing.

"He was very good in the race and I hope he can improve, but, having said that, if I can get him to Cheltenham in the same sort of form as he was yesterday I think I'd be happy enough.

"We have six weeks until Cheltenham and I'll just train him as I see him between now and then."

Back