The Road to the 2017 Champion Hurdle

So 64 pages of shite spouted on this thread. Whats the spread on the what page the winner was first mentioned on? 34-35?

He needs 3m full stop. Out paced in Neptune too and beat nothing this year.

Buveur D'Air wont be going back chasing again, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do some of Nicky's lose a shoe (Brainpower). Maybe he needs a new farrier.

Mark Walsh said Yanworth was unsuited by the slow early pace. He must have said that before he saw the very fast time for the race the race:0)

Champion Hurdle favourite Yanworth failed drug test
Yanworth, who finished seventh in last season's Champion Hurdle, failed a post-race drug test.

Sent off the 2-1 favourite, the Alan King-trained seven-year-old returned a positive test for a banned substance, the details of which have not yet been disclosed by the BHA.

Yanworth's Champion Hurdle reverse was his only defeat during a campaign which yielded four wins, including two at Grade 1 level.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/champion-hurdle-favourite-yanworth-failed-drug-test/291782

Oh **** !! I hope there's a good reason for it still being in his system - I like Alan King!

( for anyone wondering what the heck it is - it's a steroid that is present in some creams that you can get for skin issues and also in some inhalers and tablets for various ailments)

Last edited:
Oh **** !! I hope there's a good reason for it still being in his system - I like Alan King!

( for anyone wondering what the heck it is - it's a steroid that is present in some creams that you can get for skin issues and also in some inhalers and tablets for various ailments)

I worked at Jackdaws Castle when the Duke trained there and King was assistant. I don't like Alan King.

I worked at Jackdaws Castle when the Duke trained there and King was assistant. I don't like Alan King.
How long ago was that though? Maybe in a professional capacity you found he was an arsehole, but other people know him and don't think the same. Either that or he's changed over the years, as many of us do.

Should clarify that I'm passing no comment on whether or not he would dope a horse. I certainly saw so signs of that at the yard. I just thought he was a shouty arsehole who was unpleasant to the people who worked under him.

I don't think he's a bad trainer, though there have been a few examples of horses which have hit considerable heights early in their career only for that to be not sustained in subsequent seasons.

Used to love the Open Days DN held, was only looking at a couple of the programmes he had printed for the events the other day.

Isn't time the BHA got together and separated drugs from medicines

Horses cost a fortune these day and often are unable to run because of ailments like sore joints or in the case of Nicky Henderson bursting blood vessels

I aggued at the time they were wrong to fine Henderson and was told tey were looking into legalizing the medicine (taken by women who suffer from heavy periods)

Now Alan king treating a horse with triamcinolone acetonide is going to get a similar dose of their antiquated justice,

Triamcinolone acetonide is used for. according to the internet, relief from mouth sores or in less cases easing pain from joints.

I would argue sore joints will keep a very expensive horse bought with hard earned money from running but would never in a million years make a fit horse run faster.

I think it's shocking that owners who racing would be nothing without can have their horses medically helped so they can run...even if they are on certain medicines while running

Running a horse with sore joints on painkillers might be good for the owner but wouldn't be much good for the horse, which could exacerbate the problem whilst being unaware of doing so.

Might as well go the whole hog and run them having undergone a neurectomy, Howard Johnson style.

Yep 1994-1997 are the programmes I have

I especially remember leading up a 4yo called Iamus on one of those occasions. He ran in the Racing Post Trophy as a 2yo. He was acting the fool that day and gave me something of a hard time. From memory he achieved little over hurdles, but he sure was fast on the gallops.

Should clarify that I'm passing no comment on whether or not he would dope a horse. I certainly saw so signs of that at the yard. I just thought he was a shouty arsehole who was unpleasant to the people who worked under him.

I don't think he's a bad trainer, though there have been a few examples of horses which have hit considerable heights early in their career only for that to be not sustained in subsequent seasons.

Been saying the same for years, Ben. Horses don't go on for him, and I think he is right up there with Jonjo, in terms of the most over-rated trainer in the UK.

Back