The Road to the 2017 Champion Hurdle

If BD drifts because of comments such as this and the perceived requirement for soft ground then all the better. :D

It's a bit like Bobs Worth not tolerating soft ground but then he wins a Gold Cup, the greatest test of all, on soft ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fist
There's more to making the pace than going a breakneck gallop, and I'd sincerely doubt there's many in today's field capable of putting 'a burst' in 2 out.
Given a proper championship pace Yanworth would be one - barring iffy hurdling, of course.

Mighty tough to call and i've been leaning towards Buv for a couple of weeks but its clear to see the number crunchers on here are very sweet on Brain Power and just watching back him winning the Ladbroke he streaked clear under a big weight just looking so much more than a handicapper.

Fist
There's more to making the pace than going a breakneck gallop, and I'd sincerely doubt there's many in today's field capable of putting 'a burst' in 2 out.
Given a proper championship pace Yanworth would be one - barring iffy hurdling, of course.

I disagree as does Alan King who said of Yanworth.he lengthens rather than quickens....... which doesn't mean he cant win.

Look back to 2 years ago when Ruby dictated it, keeping enough in reserve 2 inject a sudden burst of pace that won him the race.

Give Petit Mouchoir that advantage and you are in big trouble coming round the home bend.

Best bet in race: Cast in stone MTOY place lay 4 places

I disagree as does Alan King who said of Yanworth.he lengthens rather than quickens....... which doesn't mean he cant win.

Look back to 2 years ago when Ruby dictated it, keeping enough in reserve 2 inject a sudden burst of pace that won him the race.

Give Petit Mouchoir that advantage and you are in big trouble coming round the home bend.

Best bet in race: Cast in stone MTOY place lay 4 places

For the reliability of the form I hope your right but personally
Id rather back Footpad at 4.0 in the 4 place market

No grasping straws when you're looking at facts Tanlic. If Cloudy Too fell two or three out when going well I would've been. But he finished 6L behind an exceptional horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Brain Power went out like a light there after travelling powerfully, Burst blood vessel maybe?

No complaints about the result or winning performance. The form of MTOY & TNO makes it look better now than beforehand.

Well done all Buveur D'Air backers.

I get fine runs for my money from BP (as far as he was going well), MTOY and Sceau Royal considering I was on at 25/1, 33/1 and 33/1 respectively.

Back