The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Should be a lesson to all just how different a Champion Hurdle is like compared to running round park courses against moderates.

Buvi took off a mile too soon but luckily he's ok buy sadly that fall must surely have near robbed him of the treble. Hard tosya how good the winner is as the race fell apart with the 2 mares obviously overrated

I wonder if Sir Erec turns out to be as good if well see all 3 of JP's run next year,,,,,should be fun

Brain Power PU as well, travelled terribly. Sharjah brought down. Silver Streak in third sums up how poor a race that’ll turn out to be. Such an anti-climax. I bet Buveir but if Apple’s or Laurina stormed up the hill and won you’d say fair enough but that result has just disappointed me as a fan.

First impression and I’m trying to not talk out of my pocket but that would have been a JP 1-2 there 100% if buveir stayed up. Too far out to say but he couldn’t have run as bad as Apple’s did.

Agree. The fact that BDA fell and got back up then ran on to be alongside the winner at the line points to a big run.

Winner unlikely to get the credit but would have taken a proper performance to beat him

Regardless of Melon's level, Silver Streak is a solid marker (OR 156, I have him on 160p) so we're probably looking at a mark in the high 160s at least for the winner. He might have won regardless on the day.

That's a romantic view of the race, Double J. However, I believe that if there's three horses supposedly all 'this good', then murphy's law suggests that none of them are Istabraq, with all potentially being beaten by something at a bigger price. I'm no Vincent O Brien but the great trainer once said that if you reckon you've got five Derby horses then you've probably got none. A similar thing could apply here. On the one hand, Apples Jade has been very impressive this season, but she's plenty exposed now, she'll be conquered at some juncture at the 'highest level'. Boover is beatable. Laurina has questions to answer. I've decided I will actually be taking all three of them on with something at a bigger price. Maybe Brain Power, possibly something else. I'll let you know.
Well after getting no run for my money in the first three races just thought it was worth blowing my own trumpet. Thankfully I ditched Brain Power in favour of the winner.

Ah jeez, the Our Conoring of BDA. Could equally point to Verdana Blue and Global Citizen from Kempton as his likely finishing position, or even Melon.

Love how espoir travelled into that race.

Also happy for Mark Walsh. For anyone doubting him, now you know who he is.

Some freakish results..Could be a funny festival

Winner has absolutely hacked up. Can't see how anybody could confidently think Buv topples him if he stays on his feet. Easy to forget he's won comfortably in every career start bar the one where he was sick horse. Proper performance.

Also possibly wondering if Apple's hurt herself when she met one horribly. Surely beaten too far out for it just to be down to disdain for the track.

Winner has absolutely hacked up. Can't see how anybody could confidently think Buv topples him if he stays on his feet. Easy to forget he's won comfortably in every career start bar the one where he was sick horse. Proper performance.

Can’t take anything away from the winner but I just wish, purely as a fan talking here, that he’d pulled away from Buveir D’Air or Apple’s Jade rather than Melon and a staying on but flattered Silver Streak.

Well done to the winner, and those who supported him.
BDA's run just emphasises there's nothing certain when you stick an obstacle in front of them.:whistle:

Too early to say, as an Apple's Jade backer Boov would have Had that as not for the exit. Bar the first race I've not had a good day as yet. Hoping Red Indian or Good Man Pat saves it.

Can’t take anything away from the winner but I just wish, purely as a fan talking here, that he’d pulled away from Buveir D’Air or Apple’s Jade rather than Melon and a staying on but flattered Silver Streak.
Ah yes for sure!

The one consolation from doing my stake on the race - we are spared his incessant banging on about the horse for a short while.:)

Back