The Road to the 2019 Ryanair Chase

They must be tempted to supplement Cyrname after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much knowledge on his background, but apparently hopeless left handed from what I read. Destroyed some top horses there though.

Paul Nichols back in the big time with some left of field horses, both very young so hopefully years of competitive racing from both.
slowly working his way back. wonder if there's been a change in how he recruits horses in recent years.

Last edited:
Anyone want to guess at what rating they come up with for Cyrname?

Dunno, but Waiting Patiently was rated 170 after winning it last year, and he couldn't get near him yesterday; neither could the 2 QMCC horses that followed them home. The time was good too, much the quickest chase on the card.
Both trainer and jockey seemed surprised by how much improvement he'd shown, though it's fair to say the writing was on the wall after his previous run. Certainly his fencing was out of the top drawer, in both races.
He's the real deal, imo.

Last edited:
HdB about Monalee:
“He's in the Ryanair and the Gold Cup and we'll work it all out between now and then.
“I wouldn't be leaning any way to be honest. I don't know yet and I'd say the ground will be quite telling.
“We'll see nearer the time and make sure he comes out of this okay. We'll discuss it with the Maloneys (owners) and hopefully we'll make the right decision.”

"We're in no rush to choose which race he'll run in at Cheltenham. The ground will probably be a factor in our decision."

I do not like the sound of that. That reads like Gold Cup if the ground is on the good side.

Sizing John all over again. Fml

Paul Nicholls on Luck On Sunday says Cheltenham will come too soon for Cyrname as he has been "full out" in his two most recent races. Doesn't rule out trying left handed again in the future.

"We're in no rush to choose which race he'll run in at Cheltenham. The ground will probably be a factor in our decision."

I do not like the sound of that. That reads like Gold Cup if the ground is on the good side.

Sizing John all over again. Fml

Gold cup is a nap :(

Last edited:
If you had read the comment of granger before then you would understand.

He would slaughter Monalee if he took that form to Cheltenham"
Keep up son!
Unlike the vast bulk of your posts, the above looks an original thought, and owes nothing to anyone else.

ps: I ain't your son; doubtful you're even old enough to father one.

Unlike the vast bulk of your posts, the above looks an original thought, and owes nothing to anyone else.

ps: I ain't your son; doubtful you're even old enough to father one.

No, you were 'trying' to be a smart arse.

Behave and jog on lad.

Last edited:
Back