The Road to the 2019 Ryanair Chase

Ground has come in his favour now granger.

Hope he does the business for you and isn't done by Footpad now they're finally seeing sense with stepping him up in trip!

Have backed Terrefort each-way at 25/1.

Forgive his first outing this season, and the form of his other two runs has actually been pretty-handy, for a horse who might not quite stay 3m.

He handles the track, he will handle the ground, and it’s not so very long ago he was beating Cyrname. If he does still have questions to answer, I’d rather take my chances on him at the available price, than Footpad (in much the same boat as to how he will perform) at 4/1.

I'm worried that Footpad could be a horse who can produce a mercurial performance but I still don't think he has beaten a horse of note.

I've been chipping away at Monalee for months. His Flogas blew me away and am convinced he is at his best with lots of pace on.

The wheels must have come off Un De Sceaux for Ruby to be ridning that thing or in this case I am being a bad judge. I gove Footpad Zero chance and Monalee is the Nap

Ryanair

Great ride super horse

Un de Sceaux looked threatening but I don’t think he gets this trip on soft ground .

Last edited:
Great little horse and a great ride from Bryony .I don’t think uDS gets the trip in the soft after looking ominous turning in.

Last edited:
Elegant Escape e/w tickles my fancy for GC tomorrow now. Problem is Tizzard isn't firing at all.

Just wow! Brilliant race from a brilliant combination. This girl is just class. Only a couple of years ago I was interviewing her at point to points and she's every bit as bubbly. You cannot fail to be warmed by her enthusiasm. She has this incredible empathy with a horse. It's not about strength, it's about the chemistry and the confidence she gives them.

Yes Monalee was disappointing .

Big boost for Clan des Obeaux - PN didn’t really dissent when asked if Frodon was being diverted from the GC because he could not beat CDO.

Nicholls seldom gets it wrong so CDO must have a real shout. I'd still have been happy with my Frodon bet for the Gold Cup.

So glad I went, and I only went for that race really as there are really too many people for me - but absolutely fabulous to watch and enjoy, although the nerves were almost as bad as watching one of mine. She really is a star. Just brilliant. Read an interview with Nicholls this morning where he said he tells her she's yaps too much. Advice from a man so good with female relationships. SHUT UP you idiot! She's the best thing to happen to you for YEARS!

She certainly has a machine-gun delivery when interviewed. She must use up huge amounts of nervous energy but it makes for compulsive interviewing. She's very articulate with it.

Not bitter or owt but those were some ****, reactive tactics on Monalee. He was well below form.

Every credit to those that fancied and backed Frodon.

Yes Monalee was disappointing .

Big boost for Clan des Obeaux - PN didn’t really dissent when asked if Frodon was being diverted from the GC because he could not beat CDO.

Bigger boost for Cyrname over the last few days - absolutely battered the second in the Champion Chase and Ryanair now. King George looking like it could be one hell of a race.

Bigger boost for Cyrname over the last few days - absolutely battered the second in the Champion Chase and Ryanair now. King George looking like it could be one hell of a race.

Yes. I hadn't really been following the betting for a while 'cos I was happy with my ante-post bets but when I saw 11/2 yesterday I had to back it.

I'm still hopeful Might Bite will come back to his best.

Back