The Road To The 2021 Champion Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be staring at Epatantes backside up the home straight

I've often considered Newcastle 2m hurdles to be a front runners track, so was a bit confused why they weren't going there in the first place. He hasn't got there yet and there has been no explanation to date as to why the withdrawal from Ascot.

The Coral hurdle is a grade 2 and the going at Ascot is Soft, forecast Soft with Good to Soft in places and it attracts 3 runners.

The whole 7 race card has attracted a grand total of 46 horses.

You'd think connections would be taking up opportunities to run their horses with the current uncertainty. Meetings get called off in the coming weeks & months due to COVID and they'll soon be moaning.

I've often considered Newcastle 2m hurdles to be a front runners track, so was a bit confused why they weren't going there in the first place. He hasn't got there yet and there has been no explanation to date as to why the withdrawal from Ascot.
Bad scope apparantely

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Goshen not declared. I'm hoping for a bulletin. Hope he's still on track.

Last edited:
Goshen not declared. I'm hoping for a bulletin. Hope he's still on track.

Don't think we will see him again....Think the effort he put in, in the Triumph has burst him....looked a shadow of his former self on the flat.

Epatante evens for tomorrow.

Sweet Lord that’s a price and half. I’m unloading the wheelbarrow as we speak.

There appears to be money in opposition for arch-woofer Sceau Royal.

I may join you in the wheel-barrow action.

Where is the Evs, DoubleJ?

There appears to be money in opposition for arch-woofer Sceau Royal.

I may join you in the wheel-barrow action.

Where is the Evs, DoubleJ?

Got 2.2 on Betfair Exchange earlier.

Can still get 2 if you’re quick enough.

Do we think the ground is going to be genuinely Good at Newcastle tomorrow?

If so, I might actually back Silver Streak.

Do we think the ground is going to be genuinely Good at Newcastle tomorrow?

If so, I might actually back Silver Streak.

Really?

I know Epatante loses 5 pound of her 7 pound claim having Aiden Coleman ride, but even he can’t **** this steering job up surely?

SS very good first time up, ground suits, fitness on his side, and I have an instinctive distrust of Mares.

Dunno. Just musing. Evens does look a steal at face value - but equally, is a little worrying.....she should really be a 4/6 chance max at these weights.

The price is confusing. I’d be more inclined to back her at 4/6 then I am evens. And all the rumblings of Saint Roi being JPs number 1, and Nicky thrusting Buveur being back down our throats. Got me wondering is everything not all it seems.

I’m trusting my gut though, I’ve gone in. Sometimes people try to read too much into these races and comments, and I’m hoping this is the case here. It’s an expensive day if I’m wrong though :lol:

Ok tks Nick. I will add my golden rule which is never ever back a McManus horse if its odds on.

I think Double J is expressing an opinion on Aidan Coleman's jockey ship.

What Grass said.

Aidan got one of Willies beaten in a hurdle race by Pic’Dory. That from all the noises should have also been a steering job.

As Frontrunner has said though, JPs not adverse to some dark arts on short priced favs.

I’m actually talking myself out of this now :lol: I’ll be sick if I cash out and she wins on bridle as she should be doing.

Much as I think Epatante wins tomorrow, I’ve had an account closing e/w bet at the insane price of 13/2 Silver Streak 3 Places with Betfair.

That is just so wrong for the admirable horse who will relish the ground.

Proper judge is Lee.

I might drag him down with me, but at least it’s decent company. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back