The Road To The 2021 Champion Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok tks Nick. I will add my golden rule which is never ever back a McManus horse if its odds on.

To this golden rule can be added two others:

Never back a McManus horse if it's drifting.

Never back a McManus horse if it's shortening when there's still time for it to start drifting again.

Last edited:
My rule when on a JP Horse is basically the same as Jody McGarvey’s (re Great Field)

Get on, close your eyes and hope for the best.

To this golden rule can be added two others:

Never back a McManus horse if it's drifting.

Never back a McManus horse if it's shortening when there's still time for it to start drifting again.

ZERO room for error. :)

What the fu*ck was O’Brien doing going upsides a horse that had refused at the first?

Utter arsehole.

Wow

Shame for Not so Sleepy and Silver Streak backers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not So Sleepy is my favourite horse. He’s a absolute lunatic.

Get in though. The language coming out of my mouth telling Coleman to stay away from the loose horse would have had the neighbours asking what’s going on.

It was impressive to watch, especially her speed over and after the last but she had a 10lbs advantage at the weights and only works out the equal of Sceau Royal.

The bookies are at it, slashing her price on the back of that.

But the run belies the weight difference. If she was carrying 10lbs more I’m confident she would have won in exactly the same manner. It might have taken a bit more our her, that’s all. She was hardly blowing after the race. I’m confident she could have given him weight and still won comfortably.

Yes agree Paul it was the manner of victory.
I said at the time that I thought she'd have won this years race without the mares allowance.

I accept every word of that, Maruco, but she was already that much better than him before the race and was expected to do that to him in it. I could understand clipping her by about half a point on the back of a performance that showed she was as good as her market position suggested but they've over-reacted. If the money piles in for her then fair enough they have books to balance but I can see her price lengthening again a wee bit and we know Hendo likes to get them beat at odds-on somewhere along the way to take the pressure off expectations.

Don’t think we learned anything new yesterday, other than her well-being is confirmed, and she’s still still very good.

If her price holds all the way through, it’s going to make space for some decent each-way bets come the Festival, I would imagine.

Last edited:
It was impressive to watch, especially her speed over and after the last but she had a 10lbs advantage at the weights and only works out the equal of Sceau Royal.

The bookies are at it, slashing her price on the back of that.

Sceau Royal having had two runs; was surely at his peak against a slightly (pre-race drift in the market) ring rusty Epatante though DO. She will surely come on for the run, scarey!

Last edited:
Hasn’t she run more or less to expectations, though?

On a line through the rags, she’s ran to about 155 unextended. Granted, she might (probably will) improve, but she tends to go well fresh anyway, so it’s perhaps debatable whether she’s going to find a whole lot more.

The race was a total odd-ball. In those circumstances, I usually reserve some degree of caution about what was achieved.

She is easy on the eye and finishes to the eye cruising

I for one think she is better than given credit for and wish the other notable mares in racing had campaigns as adventurous

She is easy on the eye and finishes to the eye cruising

I for one think she is better than given credit for and wish the other notable mares in racing had campaign's as adventurous

I think that is down to Hendo knowing the time of day with a Champion hurdle winner!

And has won a champion, and seems to have the ideal racing style for the Champion. And the Morgiana was messy, and Goshen is MIA. The price cut is understandable.

It was one of those confident rides where a mistake at the last could have made Coleman look silly. Sceau Royal didnt miss a beat up the straight and flew the last couple. She picked him up and cleared away without much pressure. The price cut is understandable in my book. If there was any doubt that she was the one to beat (it was only Sharjah in second in Chelt etc), there is no doubt now. I remember the gamble on Tuesday morning last year. "The lads" know what they have.

As expected, Goshen gets the Bula/International Hurdle entry on Saturday, in a trappy race he needs to be winning well, to have any Champion Hurdle pretensions.

Moore says he runs as long as he scopes well, and there's no firm in the going.

Last edited:
As expected, Goshen gets the Bula/International Hurdle entry on Saturday, in a trippy race he needs to be winning well, to have any Champion Hurdle pretensions.

Moore says he runs as long as he scopes well, and there's no firm in the going.

Nick, if there's any firm in the going I'll give up.
Played Golf yesterday a few miles from the course and it was like a swamp!
Agree that Goshen needs to be winning this to have any aspirations of winning the CH.

If Nicky trained him we’d be worried if he said that though................ :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back