The Road To The Grand National 2012

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Starts tomorrow for Backstage - he contests the Open P2P at Tinahely for Gordon Elliot and Middleham Park/GE Staff Syndicate. Jamie Codd is down to ride.

For crying out loud not another the fecking road to thread

What next ? The road to a Class 5 hcap at Wolves ?

Can I start a road to Group 1 sprint glory next season thread for Sirius Prospect???

Dunno if IS was listening to me yesterday morning when I said it was a group sprinter.

Anyhoo re the National Mon Parrain is the one that I like.
Still can't believe he didn't win the Topham but took to the fences so well and is sure to stay better as he matures.
I suppose the negative is that he'll only be six but he could be the one to finally end the Nicholls jinx in the race at some stage in the couple of years or so.

A reprobate gave me For Bill earlier in the week so took some of the 12/1 - think she looks big at 8's with Boyles and PP.

Recovery mission with Bideford Legend today. Hoping he is allowed to lay-up a little closer to the pace on the second circuit.

Like one or 2 others, I'm all over For Bill in this. Probably not the ideal track for her, but I'm sure a strong pace at 3m will see her improve further and she's hard to fault otherwise.

Tinakellylad has caught my eye at a big price e/way - 3rd last year off a 1lb lower mark and has been prepared in almost the same way this year - lightly raced and young enough to improve and has the look of a horse whose target has been this race since last year - had a couple of sheckles at 20/1 and will be watching the market closely.

Indifference Curve suddenly a n/r; money piling on everything else. This is as exciting as the race itself. Class horse wins the race. Concerned about the fallen horses after the melee at the first .

Last edited:
I have this Neptune Equester for Brian Ellison as good a thing in the Grand National we'll likely to see at this stage of the year.

If the horse makes the cut then it should finish in the placings, I actually expect it to win if you look at the time he has posted in relation to Kauto Star....

Only 25/1, there needs to be some give in this market! that's a shocking price, I was expecting at least 66's

Last edited:
Back