The Ryanair

Petit Robin confirmed as 'almost certain' to run in the Ryanair.

I've had a hefty bet at 23 on the machine as I think he will start significantly shorter, and the step up in trip ideal. I would imagine laying this off at a shorter price will not be too difficult once the market reacts to his change of race.

Tranquil Sea my main bet in this, and I've had a little on J'Y Vole each way.

I've been watching the Leopardstown gallops from last Sunday again and was really impressed with J'y Vole. I can't say that she'll beat Tranquil Sea but a placing wouldn't surprise me at all.

Despite his long absence, I cannot believe the price of Jack the Giant in this tomorrow - he is the outsider of the field without an outstanding candidate. I think he has the ability to be the best in the field, or close to it, and the vibes sounded reasonably positive from the Henderson camp, while understandably cautious. He is certainly no 40/1 shot. Plus, there are few trainers better than Henderson getting one ready first time out.

And, looking at the card I see Planet of Sound is officially rated 166 - have I gone mad? Same for Deep Purple.

Last edited:
Bit like Hamm,can't believe the price of Jack the Giant or for that matter Deep Purple but maybe the latter prefers a flatter track. Throw in Albertas Run for a high priced tricast..... as if!!!

Lot's of money for Poquelin. I think a lot of punters have cottoned on to it being Nicholls bet of the meeting. But as he thought he'd have a 1-2 in the Queen Mother yesterday I wouldn't be putting too much store in that.

Too much is being made of Planet of Sound's fall last time out. He got round in the Arkle last year and from a talent point of view he's with the best in this. The mistake aspect to his profile is factored in the price and he shouldn't be longer than Schindler's Hunt or Barber's Shop. Two animals who'd need a taxi to get up that hill with any speed.

I'm with Barbers Shop. I fancy Poquelin to reverse form with Tranquil Sea and have done BS and Poquelin in a rev fc.

I am all over Schindler's Hunt.

I think the form of the top three is overcooked for differing reasons. Sure, they are probably better than SH, but 12/1 on a horse who (on ratings at least) beats the top 3 is too good a price for me.

Will Ruby be riding J'y Vole next time!?!

Albertas Run - another horse with course form that comes back and wins.

I got Albertas at 22s on BF - v happy! I have stayed loyal to some of my favs this year and Binocular, Weapons & now Albert have done me proud. Boy, is my BF looking healthy!

Ditto Es - seems like all of C4, BBC etc. are pandering to royalty. Rather boring - the Queen probably has RUK on anyway I'm sure she can afford the subscription.

Back