The Talking Horses National Hunt Cup

Maxbet

Journeyman
There are eight weekends between now and the Cheltenham festival and to generate a bit of interest on the build up, I am proposing a head to head knock out tipping contest that culminates in the two finalists playing off against each other throughout the whole four days of the festival. The number of entries will determine when we have to start.
RULES
After the initial draw, 1..2..3.......63..64 etc, 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4, 63 plays 64 etc.
After the initial draw, the person drawn at home (odd #) gets to choose the meeting on the following Saturday (must declare 2 days in advance or loses home advantage).
Person scoring the most points in the previous week gets home advantage against their opponent the following week.
Each competitor chooses one selection per race.
5 points awarded for a winner, 3 points for a second, and 1 point for a third.
In case of a tie, then firstly the amount of winners, followed by seconds and then thirds will count.
If the entry numbers require some competitors to get a by then in order to determine home advantage the following week, they must pick their selections at the same meeting as the persons they will be up against, this should maintain interest for all and maximise involvement.

Any persons interested please sign up below ASAP.

Last edited:
Great idea but we'll need a prize or it will get lost during Cheltenham week. I'll put up a £100 betting tank to the winner to punt in one or a number of bets during Aintree.

I'm in.

Last edited:
Back