The Talking Horses National Hunt Cup

AMMENDED RESULT

After a small misdemeanour by the coordinator and a crushing result for Flemenstar, there has been an amended result

Originally given as 17 each in the first semi final with equal amounts of wins, seconds, and thirds saw Flemenstar edge it on the count back courtesy of his two winners being bigger prices. Due to a mistake on the part of the scorer he failed to notice that one of his selections had only scored 1 point not the 3 that was awarded. Very sorry Flemenstar

The second semi final was a lot more straight forward due to the unlucky late start by Kauto but one in which saw the very consistent TOUT SEUL nose ahead and stay there despite Kauto's late rallying 16/1 winner.

Eight weeks and we are finally down to the final pairing, good luck guys. Look forward to crowning the inaugural winner of The Talking Horses National Hunt Cup.

Well done to both of you...

The Final now looks like this.

NEWAPPROACH
V
TOUT SEUL

Last edited:
1.30 Oscar Whisky
2.05 Grand Vision
2.40 Al Ferof
3.20 Big Bucks
4.00 Sew On Target
4.40 Our Father

Good luck Tout Seul

Mine for today, think I need a miracle :)

1.30 Guitar Pete
2.05 Cheltenian
2.40 Briar Hill
3.20 The Giant Bolster
4.00 Oscar Delta
4.40 Vieux Lion Rouge
5.15 Raya Star

Good luck Tout Seul

Hopefully my comments yesterday were taken in the spirit intended, really did not expect this to be the position as we enter the last day. Luck can and does change, New Approach. Many is the day that I have had absolute zero returns at Cheltenham.
So good luck.
Broughton
Lac Fontana
Briar Hill
Bobs Worth
Pearlysteps.
Caid de Berlais
Mr Mole

Last edited:
Good luck to you both, and I must add Tout Seul has played this in true sportsman like spirit, he could have sealed it by simply copying exactly the same selections as Newapproach.

Well played to you both for seeing off the cream of Talking horses to get to the final.

NEWAPPROACH 0

Thursday:

Oscar Whisky 0
Grand Vision 0
Al Ferof 0
Big Bucks 0
Sew On Target 0
Our Father 0

Friday:

Guitar Pete 1
Cheltenian 0
Briar Hill 0
The Giant Bolster 1
Oscar Delta 0
4.40 Vieux Lion Rouge 0
5.15 Raya Star 0

V

TOUT SEUL 13

Thursday:

Tarquin De Seuil 5
Jetson 0
Beneficent 0
Anne Power 3
Shangani 0
Spring Heeled 5

Friday:

Broughton 0
Lac Fontana 5
Briar Hill 0
Bobs Worth 0
Pearlysteps 0
Caid de Berlais 1
Mr Mole 0

Tout Seul Takes the Crown emphatically in the end...unlucky but never the less very well done to Newapproach the runner up.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Tout Seul - great tipping

Mine is even worse than it looks too as I think I should only have had 1 point for Guitar Pete

Many thanks to Maxbet for all organising and scoring, its been great fun

Echo the above , and next year We might have to break up the Irish team into provinces, thats chronic landlord , jakers and me on the one team, unbeatable:D

Thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of this format, especially the two- leg ties in the latter stages. I was lucky to scrape though the early rounds and last week Kauto had problems whilst New Approach clearly had an off day based on earlier rounds..

Thanks Max, a good comp, well run!

Last edited:
Back