The Whippersnappers versus The Zimmerframers

You're all too kind.

But I think the Whippers (apart from needing to improve on their attendance record) need to give serious consideration to adopting 'super-hero' names as it was the Zimmers timely ducking into the nearest phone booth and subsequent appearence in tight lycra and wearing their underpants on the outside that seemed to do the trick.:thumbsup:

What was moderately amusing was to watch the slow detrioration in the levels of Corinthean spirit, as players gradually adopted ever more ruthless tactics

Last edited:
Great event and well worth doing it again. Thanks Warbler for the work and well done to the Zimmers who put in a Tom Watson performance (for 72 holes rather than 71.5!!).

My feeling is that with the Zimmers crowned as kings of the flat, (they're entitled to the bragging rights for the year) the Whippers should be allowed their chance to lay claim to the jumps title. The battleground is yet to be decided, but you'd be looking at a 3 dayer I reckon (outside of Chelters and Aintree) which doesn't leave many candidates.

I suppose that whilst I've got cricket on the mind we could kind of proclaim the Zimmers as the test match champions, whilst offering a 20/20 match on Breeders Cup night

Actually that's 2 days now isn't it?

Last edited:
The Breeders Cup could also possibly have the added advantage of having a real-time 'nerve centre' (with you at the helm if you're up for it of course, Warbs!) of sorts in the chat room given the more conveniant timing.

Just an idea.

My feeling is that with the Zimmers crowned as kings of the flat, (they're entitled to the bragging rights for the year) the Whippers should be allowed their chance to lay claim to the jumps title. The battleground is yet to be decided, but you'd be looking at a 3 dayer I reckon (outside of Chelters and Aintree) which doesn't leave many candidates.

There's quite a tasty three day meeting at Newbury at the end of November, the last day of which features the Hennessy Gold Cup.

Back