The William Hill H'cap Chase

I'm quite keen on Theatrical Moment; another who needs to improve his jumping but is unexposed and has the right sort of profile for the race.

The Tother One (IRE) 9.g
Our Vic (IRE) 12.g
Monkerhostin (FR) 13.g
Joe Lively (IRE) 11.g
Calgary Bay (IRE) 7.g
Comply Or Die (IRE) 11.g
Niche Market (IRE) 9.g
Casey Jones (IRE) 9.g
Razor Royale (IRE) 8.g
Tatenen (FR) 6.g
Cappa Bleu (IRE) 8.g
Seven Is My Number (IRE) 8.g
Beat The Boys (IRE) 9.g
Exmoor Ranger (IRE) 8.g
Character Building (IRE) 10.g
Lenabane (IRE) 8.g
Nenuphar Collonges (FR) 9.g
Kicks For Free (IRE) 9.g
Bensalem (IRE) 7.g
Jayo (FR) 7.g
New Alco (FR) 9.g
Chief Dan George (IRE) 10.g
Theatrical Moment (USA) 7.g
Ollie Magern 12.g
The Package 7.g
Stan (NZ) 11.g
Palypso de Creek (FR) 7.g
Bible Lord (IRE) 9.g
Knowhere (IRE) 12.g
Officier de Reserve (FR) 8.g
Ogee 7.g
Finger Onthe Pulse (IRE) 9.g
Lacdoudal (FR) 11.g
Le Burf (FR) 9.g
Great Endeavour (IRE) 6.g
Irish Raptor (IRE) 11.g
Offshore Account (IRE) 10.g
Khachaturian (IRE) 7.g
Boychuk (IRE) 9.g
Galant Nuit (FR) 6.g
Victorias Groom (GER) 8.g
Lochan Lacha (IRE) 9.g
I'moncloudnine (IRE) 7.g
Isn't That Lucky 7.g
Buck The Legend (IRE) 8.g
Merigo (FR) 9.g
Ma Yahab 9.g
Lorum Leader (IRE) 9.g
Qhilimar (FR) 6.g
Daldini 8.g
Pomme Tiepy (FR) 7.m
Pretty Star (GER) 10.g
Franchoek (IRE) 6.g
Snakebite (IRE) 10.g
Finzi Contini (FR) 6.g

For info - I know that this is Ogee's preferred target if he gets in and he is expected to run well.

I reckon Bensalem could clout one or two the way he did against Diamond Harry and so long as he didn't fall he'd still win by miles.

I think Nenuphar Collonges has to be the bet at 20/1. 3/4 length third in this last year, best fresh, previous festival winner, stays all day. I think there are other options which could be backed as well, but very hard to see this one out of the frame, what with the very vulnerable market leaders.

I backed him in it last year too Hamm, I dont know what to make of him...Is he very one paced?? He can tend to hit one and be struggling to get there all the time i feel, but at the same time i cant help but feel that if it comes together for him hel take a lot of beating...

Maybe a bit one paced but the same could probably be said of Witchita Lineman! I think he will be there at the business end, and won't get too upset if he gets tapped for toe as you can get 5/1 place as things stand. I just think there are so many flaky horses above him likely to flop, and his record at Cheltenham should hopefully mean he goes really well.

Of the market leaders I'm with Bensalem here. I can actually see his jumping improving for the faster pace (certainly wasn't helped by Inchidaly Rock at Newbury either). If so, he could make an absolute mockery of his mark.

Rory has me interested in Theatrical Moment as well, though jumping has to be a concern. Possibly unsuited by the run of the race at Ascot a few runs back and could well be suited by a strongly run 3m.

New Alco looks somewhat tempting as an E/W proposition as well ~ 692 days is a hell of a long time to be off to come back in a Festival handicap, but Ferdy maintains he's best fresh and he's been competitive in similar races around the same mark. If he can return to his best (big if I know!) and can avoid the seemingly inevitable blunder when getting into it (even bigger if), I could easily see him running into a place at a big price.

At the prices, The Tother One looks tempting at 20's. I remember saying to Hamm about this horse earlier in the season that I think he's a difficult ride and rather qurky, but I think he's the type of horse to be very well suited by first-time blinkers. He holds the second fav The Package on Wincanton form and arguably does on their Cheltenham form too. I think if the blinkers do perk him up and get him jumping and travelling more sweetly he has sound claims of beating that rival. Off 158, he probably needs to be a mid 160-chaser to win today if the likes of Bensalem give their running, which he possibly isn't, but he made more appeal than quite a few of his rivals at a similar price.

At the prices, The Tother One looks tempting at 20's. I remember saying to Hamm about this horse earlier in the season that I think he's a difficult ride and rather qurky, but I think he's the type of horse to be very well suited by first-time blinkers. He holds the second fav The Package on Wincanton form and arguably does on their Cheltenham form too. I think if the blinkers do perk him up and get him jumping and travelling more sweetly he has sound claims of beating that rival. Off 158, he probably needs to be a mid 160-chaser to win today if the likes of Bensalem give their running, which he possibly isn't, but he made more appeal than quite a few of his rivals at a similar price.

I really like him, but your comment about the 160s is what bothers me. Saying that, I have this down to 4/5 (of which he is one) and I think he'll go relatively close. Ogee and NC (each way) main bets, and also like TTO to place.

Benselem fell when looking like he would go really close.

Ogee travelled really well but made more than a couple of mistakes and looked the winner 2 out but was outstayed by a length up the run in (beaten a length though clear half way up he wouldn't win)

Casey Jones didn't really fall, he was brought down by a horse falling in front of him. Put down unfortunately. Shame,

Back