The William Hill H'cap Chase

Bensalem was hacking when came down at the 2nd last. Still a long way to go to say he'd have won imo, but he'd have been in the shake up.

No. You got 6/1 on Bensalem rather than 5/2 because that was the risk attached to backing him.
Do you really think he'd have been as low as 5/2 if he had a better reputation for jumping?

I did say a week or two ago he could afford to clout one or two and so long as he didn't fall he'd win by miles.

This race right between the Arkle and Champion really creates a lull for me.

I agree I don't think that the supporting races are good enough for this run the feature fourth idea - Gold Cup day in particular is badly unbalanced by it - and Thursday 3 2m 5f chases and 2 3 mile hurdles !

I love the first day though as the first four races remind me of the three day festivals of the past .

What was the crowd/atmosphere like compared to previous years James? Any sense that there were less Irish over?

What was the crowd/atmosphere like compared to previous years James? Any sense that there were less Irish over?

A good crowd and a good atmosphere but there did seem to be fewer Irish over though there were one or two devastated ones near me after Dunguib's loss - then again when Quevaga won there seemed to be happy Irishmen everywhere !

Back