Thurles Today

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

3.50 is as good a mares novice chase as we are likely to see for a long time. Hard to split them but Blazing Tempo has very much looked the one to follow until beaten and the suspicion is that Morning Supreme and For Bill beat trees last time. The 3.20 has J' Vole and Psycho taking each other on at their best trip of 2m 4f. No prizes for guessing I'm firmly in the Psycho camp. Table Mountain makes an anticipated debut over timber. Unlike Johnny Murtagh he was gelded after his time at Ballydoyle.

Not a bad card at all today G. Have word for a yoke in the Hunter's Chase - it would probably take a large leap of faith to back it but if you want the details PM me. Was hoping for a bit of fours on Table Mountain - I have heard he's not short of work coming in here today.

I would say Psycho can't beat J'y vole unless she is not fully tuned up. This is a horse who arguably could have won the Ryanair and Pyscho is unlikely to even be entered. If Mullins came out with the word J'y Vole is ready to run, then she is a max bet against this field at 2/1. Top horse and still underrated.

4s? You're not asking much. Put a six in front of it and you have the price you will be asked to take. PM if you don't mind. A good hunter chase plot will shorten the journey to work no end.

I was just coming on to post has anyone else fallen off their chair! I'm a player at that price.

It seems quite big to me as well - would I be wrong in expecting him to start at around 7/4 or so?

Knock us on that PM there boss.

Nothing like a word in a hunter chase.

Don't see why anyone would back Table Mountain ahead of Maxim Gorky at the same prices.

Because we are shrood and obliged as Irish citizens to assume an ex-.Aiden O'Brien horse will always beat an ex-Stoute horse over timber.

Is the V T Keane who trains O Crotaigh the same fella who used to burst into tears annually on Champion Chase day?

That's Vinnie -now training in Portlaw,County Waterford.The boys that own O Crotaigh are ordinary working lads -they originally had two horses but sold Realt Dubh for 80K while holding on to o Crotaigh.

I'd like to get Luke's thoughts on Marlay Park actually. Looks the type of horse you have made a name for yourself laying. What Marlay Park needs, and is unlikely to get today, is a strong pace to run off (his two stand-out pieces of form have come in strongly-run affairs at Navan and Leopardstown).

I've taken the 3's about the Gigginstown horse Resolute Bay. Plenty of talk about him the last day in Leopardstown (well backed as well if I recall) and ran another nice race keeping on under a typical Davy Russell educational ride. Probably not much in the way of value at 3's but you can't eat value.

edit: can somebody pass me on the PM about the hunter chaser that I might be taking a leap of faith on.

Last edited:
There are 3 horses in Ireland I am always looking to lay Uncle Junior,Time Electric and Marlay Park.Have a look at Marlay Parks in running lows over the last 14 months on Betfair -absolutely horrendous.In my
opinion he is an unlucky horse who hasn't been helped by his jockey.Fr memory they started him at 2 miles,stepped up to 2.5 then back to 2.For me they aren't sure of his best trip.Tends to travel well which fools the in running players.

The Marlay Park horror show-has traded at under 2.2 in running on 8 of his last 9 races.4 of those times 1.52 or lower,once at a mind boggling 1.04.
Obviously every dog has his day but I wouldn't be backing him at short odds in running.

Really like the look of Glencove Marina in the 320, traveled as good as anything in the Lexus, just didn't stay the trip. Blazing Tempo is probably one of the best jumpers of a fence I have seen this year over here, and should win the 350.

Really like the look of Glencove Marina in the 320, traveled as good as anything in the Lexus, just didn't stay the trip. Blazing Tempo is probably one of the best jumpers of a fence I have seen this year over here, and should win the 350.

Glencove is a bet IMO - we'll see how Table Mountain does first.:ninja:

Table Mountain now 4/1. I've had a little each way and have him in a small treble with the winner in the first (aftertiming alert) and J'Y Vole.

Back