Tingle Creek meeting Saturday.

Full of questions the 1:15:

As reet says - what are McCain and Hughes doing here with the one runner Dreams of Home?
Why did Mount Tempest run so badly last time when well fancied joint favourite?
Why was Fast Buck held out the back last time when best runs have been when at the forefront?

Not much clue in the market, as yet, althoughFast Buck has drifted a bit which is not good. Where he is positioned in the race is probably the better clue for him.

I quite like Insurrection in the next who was impressive at Exeter last time and I think is closer to the favourite than the prices suggest 3/1 vs evens.

Got to stick with the extremely promising Giovinco against the more proven Stay Away Fay(against my usual take proven over potential practice) and also interested to see how The Changing Man fares against the big guns.

Lastly, Henderson is expecting much more from Immortal and I’ll row in with him.

Last edited:
Very disappointed Giovinco couldn’t get by there but what a game horse Stay Away Fay is having looked beaten in both Chase runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 100% behind Giovinco 5/2 to 2/1 on the exchange today I think PN's will need wings to give him 3lbs

Winners wingman didn't do Giovinco any favours there getting in his way. Winner deserved the win this time but as Vera Lynn said......."we'll meet again don't know where don't know when":)

Both have been cut for the Browns Advisory 5/1 and 12/1

Last edited:
Well the best bet of my lot today was Immortal who was withdrawn, so I got my money back :D

Last edited:
Tomorrow looks a mouth watering card at Sandown, but a lot of gruesomely short prices. I will likely be having a full+ bet on JPR One and might have a nibble at Impose Toi together with Hurlerontheditch at Chepstow, although he has 10lb extra courtesy of falling at the last at Warwick and is up in grade here, all of which is putting me off a bit. Hope the weather/going doesn’t spoil the show.

Who can blame him. The ground will be bog deep and it's only 17 days to the all important pre champion Hurdle race ie The Xmas Hurdle

It takes 2 weeks to let most horses down after a hard race and another 2 weeks to get him back to peak fitness.

Both he and Shiskin could pay a dear price if they ran.......common sense says he's doing te right thing.

Common sense says the entire shebang was utterly predictable given weather forecast, and he was wasting his f*cking time entering either of them in the first place.

If it wasn’t for the bookies I’m pretty sure this would be off. I’m not far from Sandown and there is no way we’ve only had 5mm and my garden is under water more or less.

Gonna be petty attritional at Sandown - what a shame. Have scaled down JPR One bet. With Constitution Hill and Shiskin out I’m intrigued that Not So Sleepy is the 11/1 outsider of the four that remain. Here’s a horse that has run with credit in Champion Hurdles and is surely better than the price.

Last edited:
Well done if you backed him. I’m feeling flat about the Saturday racing atm and can’t get excited when the ground goes and we have non runners like this.

Well done with Not So Sleepy. Strange runs from both fillies

JPR one never convinced with his jumping even before the blunder two out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be petty attritional at Sandown - what a shame. Have scaled down JPR One bet. With Constitution Hill and Shiskin out I’m intrigued that Not So Sleepy is the 11/1 outsider of the four that remain. Here’s a horse that has run with credit in Champion Hurdles and is surely better than the price.

Hope you were on mate. I missed the race and just watched the replay moments ago.....8 lengths.......he's absolutely hacked up

Hope you were on mate. I missed the race and just watched the replay moments ago.....8 lengths.......he's absolutely hacked up

Nothing serious, though. Over 10/1 is outside my comfort zone :D. Anyway, it was Hughie Morrison triggered my interest when he said he couldn’t understand the price for a good Champion Hurdle runner rated 15lb better than Goshen on the flat. When I looked, nor could I.

Last edited:
Back