Top 5 performances of the week

The new one i thought especially,im looking forward to next years champion hurdle already,the new one,jezki ,my tent or yours,grandouet,countrywide flame,our conor,far west the fly is bound to come back.

yes aintree most definetley im off work that week and im going ob=n the friday this year.

5. The diligence with which those yellow jacketed stewards do their work.
4. Sprinter Sacre
3. Meeting more Forumites, excl BtB, remeeting old friends.
2. The pure personal class of WPM
1. The flowers at the Best Mate statue.

Last edited:
1. SS (obviously) have run out of words for what I think of this horse, I need to make up a whole new load.
2. Meeting up with friends (though I wasnt allowed in the bit to see you lot - grrrr)
3. Our Connor - wow.
4. Deciding to back a horse in the XC race becuse I thought it looked naughty and I really liked it - and watching him romp home :D
5. Realising that the bets Id put on in the evenings (with the assistance of wine) gained me some weird combination ones that I dont understand, including one of Celestial Halo and Solwit. :D

Overall favourite moment though - Paul carberry's bow :)

Last edited:
I'd really struggle to nominate 5 highlights.

From a betting perspective, Rajdhani Express, The New One and Alderwood but so many near misses at long odds.
From a viewing perspective, Hurricane Fly, Our Conor, The New One, Sprinter Sacre, Champagne Fever, The Gold Cup, etc.
From an emotional perspective, JP after AFC's win, AP after AFC's win, BG after BW.

I still can't get over Our Conor's triumph win..... I'd had a few beers before the race but had to rub my eyes watching it to make sure... Races at the festival just shouldn't be won like that!

just watched back at fishers cross and that would be close to my list. champagne fever was class as well.

Many thrilling performances but a personal highlight would be listening to radio 5lives coverage,luke harvey,tommo and in particular john hunt makes the race especially the final 2 furlongs spine tingling.

5. The diligence with which those yellow jacketed stewards do their work.
4. Sprinter Sacre
3. Meeting more Forumites, excl BtB, remeeting old friends.
2. The pure personal class of WPM
1. The flowers at the Best Mate statue.

I was just saying that to a few friends last night about Willie Mullins-he is a class act.

1. benefficient best bet of the festival won 2 grade 1's always wins at massive price
2. the new one confirmed all the hype it was a new racing star
3. banker bets, simonsig ,quevega ,bobs worth ,sprinter sacre all won
4. irish form horses won well, back in focus , solwhit , salsify
5. medinas good winner, won a Saturday tv race before the build upto festival.

1. The new One - Been following it all season great to see it come all together.
2. Cue Card - Become really attached to this daftie, serious horse.
3. The black Aeroplane - What can you say.
4. Our Connor - Me and the old boy both had far west but watching the race from the Guinness stand all we could say was feck me.
5. Big Shu - Just because me and my Dad where having a bad day (I covered my bets with cue card) It went to the last race and the old man stuck a bit on Big shu, priceless watching him shout and curse big shu, big shu on course. :)

It was the best and unfortunately the worst of festivals.

The racing was superb from the very start and my favourites have already been mentioned by others here. Relatively few of the well fancied horses flopped, the big names delivered and some news stars arrived.

On the negative side the Jane Mangan incident was a terrible shame and the course must ensure it does not happen again, and with at least six riders picking up bans the whips issue has not gone away. Worst of all, obviously, was JT McNamara's fall, nothing would be more welcome than a bit of good news on that front.

1 - Slim Chances 'will win' messages
2 - Slim Chances strategic betting advice
3 - Slim Chances ante post portfolio thread
4 - Slim Chances modesty
5 - Hamm's return to the forum

My combination Shake-yer-booty/Moonwalk around Members as Bobs Worth went clear, was apparently the highlight of the week for the bar staff. :whistle:

Worst of all, obviously, was JT McNamara's fall, nothing would be more welcome than a bit of good news on that front.

Sorry to say that's looking unlikely. I know a member of the family and while it's still early days, the prognosis for a full recovery is not looking very good at all :(

Sprinter Sacre
Our Conor
At Fisher's Cross
Benefficient winning and saving me from penury
Watching the queues at the bookies when Alderwood won .

Back