1. Sprinter Sacre. I think hes very promising indeed
2. Champagne. The ride as much as anything else but the horse has guts
3. The new one
4. Our Conor
5. Bobs worth. Has such a superb attitude

Last edited:
1. Our Conor - wasnt sure how good he could be. Excepional prospect
2. Sprinter - Superb
3 Hurricane - Grabbed it by the balls early.
4. Bobs Worth - didnt enjoy it at the track at all today, massive race, great Gold Cup
5. Quevega -finished like a train, had to nail last hurdle and did. Horse over jockey in this one

6. Cue Card - really impressed
7. Champagne - brilliant ride, didnt let the speedier horses get involved at business end
8. The New One - Done 2 staying chases for toe but serious burst of space

1. Sprinter Sacre
2. Our Conor
3. The New One
4. Champagne Fever
5. Whichever lazy git decided to use a bit of tape as a false rail, thereby resulting in my losing a certain 33-1 winner. C*nt.

This forum, I can't believe how busy we have been this week, all week we have regulary had between 40 and 70 people online, pretty much from around 8am to midnight. As a comparison, TRF has averaged about 10-15 every time I've been on. Currently 49 on here, 12 on TRF :)

This forum, I can't believe how busy we have been this week, all week we have regulary had between 40 and 70 people online, pretty much from around 8am to midnight. As a comparison, TRF has averaged about 10-15 every time I've been on. Currently 49 on here, 12 on TRF :)

i should hope it has looked busy.....i've been logged in under 10 different id's for 24 a day and even had to bring my "Hamm" character back to liven it up

;)

1. Sprinter Sacre entering the parade ring
2. Sprinter Sacre going to post
3. Sprinter Sacre passing the winning post miles clear
4. Sprinter Sacre In the winners Enclosure posing for photo's
5. Sprinter Sacre leaving the course safe and sound.

AND what Links listed I'd agree with

Last edited:

Thanks for keeping things going Col. The forum has been fantastic all week.

It sure has,never been so busy,great analysis and more humility here than anywhere else.keep up the good work lads and ladys.

Last edited:
i should hope it has looked busy.....i've been logged in under 10 different id's for 24 a day and even had to bring my "Hamm" character back to liven it up

;)

Only 10? Are you sure :D

Thanks for keeping things going Col. The forum has been fantastic all week.

It sure has,never been so busy,great analysis and more humility here than anywhere else.keep up the good work lads and ladys.

Its been a weird week actually, usually during Cheltenham it goes fairly quiet, certainly between about 11am and 7pm, I always presumed most members were either there or watching it so didn't login. Maybe this year more have been using mobile devices to access stuff online?

I have only seen Wednesday having been on course and apart from the obvious, I would say Lord Windermere who almost came down on the last bend but rallied superbly.

1. Champagne Fever. Race of the week. Ride of the week
2. That they raced at all on Tuesday. Those covers are really flimsy but Boy did they do a great job. Middle of the course like concrete early Tue morning
3. Meeting Sir Peter O Sullevan. At 95 still going strong. Am half his age and feel old just looking at him.
4. Lord Windermere for putting Churchtown back on the map as a training centre.
J Culloty has spent serious money getting Mount Corbett Stables up and running. He has a good team there (horses and workers) so hope he can build on it.
5. Brian Cooper showing what he is capable of on the biggest stage of all. The real deal
6. The New One. WOW!
7. Sprinter Sacre of course
Most importantly say a prayer for JT, David Russell and other injured jockeys.

Support the IJF in any way you can and cut down jockey criticism for the future please!
We see the risks they take.

Amen to that, Links.
Like TRF's purported 19,000 membership, there's more smoke and mirrors elsewhere than actual intelligent discussion.

These were not necessarily the top five figures wise but they were my personal favourites:-

1 Bobs Worth - not sure he was at his best today on the softer ground but still maintained his great Cheltenham record and if they keep him sound he is clearly going to prove very difficult to beat.

2 Our Conor - wonderful performance and hopefully just the start of things to come.

3 Big Shu - it is just a novelty race but as impressive a winner as I have seen and another who will hopefully be back next year.

4 Holywell - another who won a much more competitive virtually on the bridle - a reward for a string of consistent performances - slightly biased selection as he also got my betting week back on track.

5 Medinas - tough performance in one of the week's most competitive handicaps - always think King tells it as it is and nice to see him on the board.

Biggest disappointment the Neptune. The New One is very good but the farcical pace just played into his hands. Strange how Twiston-Davies was criticised so much after his defeat on Trials day but not a word about Walsh on this occasion.

What a wonderful week folks but what the hell are we going to do tomorrow?i cant help a feeling a sense of loss.im a huge cricket fan and the heat of a 5 day test against south africa,australia and west indies was my favourite sporting event,but this week has absoluteley blown me away,brilliant.

Back