Totesport Trophy

1300 they called the Tote Gold Trophy meeting off that year - just as I was walking into the track. Not that it was a popular decision in the slightest, many people argued the track was raceable and pretty much everybody was of the opinion that the track was raceble by 1330.

Crazyhorse had come over from Germany for that meeting, we were all standing around freezing when they said we could leave. :mad:

Bugger - the MET office have changed their forecast from sleet to heavy snow from 3am to 9am. I won't be going anywhere bar on foot tomorrow morning again then!

They've also issued a severe weather warning of a 60% chance or more of heavy snow between the hours of 0200 and 1500 for the following areas :

London & South East England:

60% Bracknell Forest 60% Buckinghamshire 60% Gtr London 60% Hampshire 60% Milton Keynes 60% Oxfordshire 60% Reading 60% Slough 60% Surrey 60% W Berkshire 60%Windsor + Maidenhead 60% Wokingham

Last edited:
It's just like the good old days when this meeting seemed to be lost more often than not.

Desperate stuff. Doesn't look as if anything much will be going on for the next 48 hours...

Yes, I remember that late calling off very well - Penzance was in the TST with a winning chance. Alan K came and sat with some of us in the ChBar when we got the news, and was quite upset as well he might be! At least I hadn't come from Germany or Spain!

Another two inches fell here last night. I'm on higher ground than the track though so I don't know how they'll be affected.

Logistics aren't great for going on the lash at Kempton mind! :mad:

Warwick's gone now too so Kempton will probably try for tomorrow.

Thats my weekend cancelled - at least Nellie was pulled from Bangor! I wonder if Hereford will go ahead on Sunday... The Kempton meeting will be weird if it gets on but I think they are going to do a lot of last minute planning and then have to cancel anyway, givne the forecast for a swathe of heavy snow over Oxon/Berks etc tomorrow.

They just said on atr the Irish Hennessy is now re-scheduled for Sunday week

Thanks Arkers - So Take It There won't run either and I can stop fretting I'm missing anything at all!

Yes IS, Al has done well with Nellie, as has her owner Anthony who stays down and rides her every weekend. He has a background in eventing and he's done a lot of dressage and schooling with her - it's paid off in time. She is huge and it took a long to time get her 'organised'. Maddening the only runs of hers I've not been there for, were her wins though LOL!

The yard is unlucky not to have an over 50% wins to runs ratio this last couple of months - the last two 2nds were due to a loose horse weaving about and putting TitT into all the worst ground so tiring her; and Litenup being v slow out of the stalls!

PS My wifi is down so I'm not quite up to speed on what's going on - better get off my phone line now!

Last edited:
Back