Trf- Sad News

Ian Davies has gone up in my estimation. Hes been lurking in the swamp for a while..

What was his username on Betfair?

Have any of you driven to Ascot since the M25 was revamped, especially at J15, where there is no longer a sign indicating that if you don't turn off there, you won't get to Ascot? Please do the trip and tell me how you like the signage. I don't know how Johnny Foreigner gets about with such crappy directions, or perhaps roadbuilders now think everyone has SatNav in their Volvos?

Are you sure it isn't

"I never have to worry about getting to Ascot as Sheih M or John Magnier will give me a lift . When I get there I have a chat with Paul haigh , tell David Ashforth what to write in his column and turn down that offer to run the BHB again "

Coming from Brighton, there is no need to go anywhere near Junction 15, krizon. From the M25 head south on the M3 at Junction 12.

Take the first exit (Junction 3) on to the A322 (signposted Bracknell, Bagshot).

At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Swinley Road - A332 (signposted Ascot, Slough).

Continue forward onto Kings Ride - A332. Entering Ascot at the rounabout by car park 1.

At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto High Street - A329 (signposted Ascot, Staines) . The course is on your left.

I guarantee that it's much quicker and less hassle, but please keep it to yourself.

....or just drive to my house Krizon, and I will show you an even better route via the back roads that goes nowhere near Bracknell! :P

As with Poleshill, there is always a room for you as a guest at my house, unless you blame Barney for your smelly towels, and then I'm afraid it's immediately curtains! :blink:

:ph34r: Mum's the word, Brian. I'll give that a go next time I need to get to the course, thanks. It sounds suspiciously too good to be true, but I'll try (almost) anything once. Anything to avoid the endless drone of the M25 is most welcome. It must be a bit like riding at Chester - you get on the inside rail and you never stop turning, turning, turning... :blink:

Kathy - as long as you're not laundering with Bold Lavender & Pigeonshit, I shall be a perfect house guest, I promise! Even Julie can vouch that I have reasonably clean habits, flush the loo, and am a positive little helper - even if some attempts with a customized household cleaner didn't have quite the results I'd anticipated during one of my 'helpful' moments! :shy: But I'm assured that the wooden floor is as good as new by now... and, as a bonus, if there's a cow to be groomed, I'm your woman!

It's good news that TRF can continue as it is but I do think there was a lot of unnessecary hysteria over the remote possibility that Ian Davies may have stumped up the cash to keep the site going.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jul 24 2006, 08:24 PM
Delighted he did not get it.
Me too . Did you see how he took the credit on that thread for TRF being mentioned in the media - in very bad taste even if there was any truth in it .

It's good news that TRF can continue as it is but I do think there was a lot of unnessecary hysteria over the remote possibility that Ian Davies may have stumped up the cash to keep the site going.

Given the history, I don't entirely agree that there was "unnecessary hysteria".

There were several extremely sane and very unhysterical people who felt that ID's offer was outrageous, in the circumstances.

I was ejected years ago following an argument with Daylight about over enthusiastic censorship. I won't be a hypocrite, I still think it was overbearing, but the poor man's passing obviously puts that shit in perspective.

I was wondering however, as a non reader of TRF, why the antipathy for a merger with TH and what are the chief differences in the brands?

Back