TV coverage

Brough is a breath of fresh air today. Carries a bit of gravitas and makes Chapman and Harvey look like a couple of lager louts with too much to say.

I have often said something similar - his interview after winning the National did him a lot of favours.

I usually watch the racing on the treadmill in the gym and have to have the subtitles on because I can't hear over the 'music' blaring out wearing headphones: reading what is said as opposed to listening to it, is an education, as most of the time what is actually being said is so inane and of no use whatsoever, I have to wonder why I am on the treadmill and don't have a cushy number like Fitzgerald as he actually says nothing of any worth at all?
Harvey thinks trying to be funny will get him through. It's okay at Lambourn open day doing the 5 a side commentary, although I have to say Richard Philips beats him hands down, but he , Harvey , is just an irritation.
Annoyingly my gym doesn't have ITV4 in its choices so at the moment I can't watch it at all if it's not on ITV.

Watched it today for the second time -thought it was far superior to the Ch4 of recent years.
Desert Orchid -when you say Brough Scott has gravitas do you mean he an incredible sense of self importance.

Very pompous too, hardly the sort of person to attract new blood to the sport.

Not his finest hour I agree albeit he said a lot of sensible things about the Jockey Club's terrible management of the Kempton debacle but Luke Harvey is a Grade A arse and should be sent back to ATR forthwith - too many jockeys on this programme . I think an error to give Jim McGrath the push .

I suspect Brough is right that if Kempton closes that the KG meeting should go to Ascot but he missed out the fact it should not be considered for closure at all .

First time I have seen the opening show.

Full of fluff and filler, today's racing wasn't treated as anything like a priority.

Racing podcasts are at this stage the best way to follow racing and hear it discussed in a sensible manner

Never noticed before but Oli Bell's delivery, while articulate enough, is too primary-school-ish, and VP followed suit. Maybe they have the same delivery coach.

Nick Luck is far more natural.

Bit like a child who could giggle at any minute. awkward campish dialogue between him and chapman.

Am visiting parents this weekend so stuck with terrestrial

Horse trainer Michael Bell or former BBC 1 news anchor?

Last edited:
I don't know what Chapman was on today but how on earth he could declare with such certitude that Beg To Differ was "absolutely chucked in on its best form" before the race beat me. He had me scrambling back through the form to see what I'd missed. He wasn't even top rated on RPRs.

c97d461c2f6e036b0e13af32b8d9fcc7.jpg

I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back