TV coverage

I asked the question on here a couple of years ago on his ability because at the time he had a weekly page in the Weekender but reading through it for some time I felt it was a 'talk without saying anything' kind of column.

I must listen to Adele more (no coded messages there - she's a bit of a plain Jane to me - I'm more interested in the info offered).

I thought it very gracious of Frankie to take the time for those interviews and winners enclosure appearances to explain how his great friend's R Havlin's first G1 win after 30 years a trying was not all about him, Frankie. Class act.

FC apparently not reappearing on our screens until next summer due to returning for a stint in Australia so depriving us of her knowledge on Jump racing sadly over the winter...:whistle:

Don’t get me started on the “paddock expert!” He’s useless and offers absolutely nothing.

Overheard at the pre parade ring at Newbury saying ' I don't bother looking at his, he can't train, can't bring them on, doesn't have a clue. I don't waste my time on them'. Well nice to know being open minded then.

I think she is excellent in general to be honest and was badly needed to freshen up the RTE coverage, a few more could be replaced but that's another day's work.

Rte had no commentary on the 2 horse hurdle race at Limerick with no commentary

Instead we were treated to Ruby giving a fine lesson on pace, race riding and how to ride a finish

A fascinating 5 minutes

Why is everyone on ITV going on about what a great ride Patrick Mullins gave Billaway at the Festival. Didn’t he get several days holiday for whip abuse. Don’t see how it can be a great ride when he broke the rules

And yes I was on the runner up so some pocket talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as the rules currently stand, incorrectly as far as I'm concerned, you can't lose the race for breaching the whip rules and as an amateur any ban was pretty meaningless so Patrick did everything within his power to win the race.

I haven't seen the ITV coverage in question fwiw. And for full disclosure I did back Billaway!

Back