MASTERCRAFTSMAN 2/1

BUSHRANGER 9/4

INTENSE FOCUS 5/2

SEA THE STARS 7/2

MYBOYCHARLIE 16

CHAMPS ELYSEES 25

DANDYMAN 28/1

33/1 BAR

Only the one 2-y-o race so far but the winner Mick's Yer Man looked to be decent when keeping up Bill Turner's good record in this race.

I feel Bill's tongue may have been near his cheek with the following quote in the RP "Mick´s Yer Man could be a Royal Ascot horse. He was backward and leggy after I broke him and I just left him, but he was jumping and kicking and could have hurt himself, so I decided to do a bit more with him. He´s brought himself here - it wasn´t a question of me pushing him to get him here - and you only have to look at him to see that he´s going to improve." as just about any 2-y-o who wins nicely at this time of year could be Ascot bound.

But ATR who slipped up, in the "bookmakers' conspiracy" of not giving the punters any sort of edge by showing unexposed horses before a race, by showing this youngster as he exited his saddling-box. Any sort of judge would have been taken with his looks, athletic and scopey and well worth a bet.

Probably not too much should be written into the win but he should follow up while experience is at a premium.

Andrew Balding runs a filly by Sea the Stars out of Casual Look at Newmarket tomorrow called Casual Smile.

Back