Wagyu Beef

harry

At the Start
Anyone tried it?

Looking at the fine food sites, the proper stuff from Australia is £40-50 per steak

Looks rather nice:D

Going to order some for a treat.

After a tiny bit of research it seems the UK stuff is a diluted version of the Aussie stuff.

Beluga Caviar is another on my list....anyone tried that? What does it taste like?

It depends if you mind things salty. I don't mind and think it's nice, but if you're not into that sort of thing I imagine it tastes awful.

Caviar is an acquired taste! It can be very salty but the best way I have had it is to put a small (1/2 teaspoon) on the corner of a slice of cold/crispy toast (sure there is a posh word for it!) and eat. Would love to try the Wagya beef though!

I find both very pleasant but you need 3 X doubles and a treble to afford them. A nice glass of cold Chablis with the caviar and a good Red Rioja ( Muga ) with the beef

If you want a good beef (better than the Wagyu and Angus (which in my opinion is streets ahead of the Wagyu) the Norfolk Blue is the absolute creme of all beefs.

Unfortunately, you can only buy it on Norfolk Island about 3 hours flight from Sydney, and at Norfolk Blue restaurant. Its a very rare breed which was created by local farmers on the Island, and the meat sadly does not get exported to the mainland. But its great to see cattle be left to graze rather than be sterilised or pumped to the hills with rubbish.

I went there last year, paid about $50 for a steak (small serving unfortunately), but worth every cent.

I prefer Lebanese Gold but have some faith,what I said was as we have been held up for 6 months with the virus, most of Bowens horses are under handicapped. Lots of winners coming for sure

Last edited:
I prefer Columbian Gold,but have some faith,what I said was as we have been held up for 6 months with the virus, most of Bowens horses are under handicapped. Lots of winners coming for sure

:lol:

On the virus point, is it totally over now? Keep thinking things are turning a corner as an odd winner goes in, but wary of false dawns

Well I`ve won enough out of this false dawn. A couple of disasters as well but overall an excellent start to the season betwise. But I think the virus is gone and it should be onwrds and upwards

There's some being bred in Somerset (guess where!!) - also crossing with British blues to get nice beef too. Wagyu is meant to be delicious

Fecking ******* Wagyu x calves - they're a nightmare to keep in and full of mischief - keep taking my ped calves off on jollies round the farm - can't keep 'em in.

Wagyu beef is allegedly super tender because of the extremely even and fine fat marbling through the meat. Meat from a Blue is exceptionally lean, so I've no idea how the Blue / Wagyu will eat but hopefully good, as long as it's been properly hung and butchered. Pickstocks abattoir up in Derbyshire have a 44p/kg premium on Wagyu for one of the supermarkets - think it's Asda !

Only reaosn we're using Wagyu bulls is because they throw a low birtweight calf and so our ped heifers go in calf to them for easy calving reasons.

Back