West Somerset and Minehead Harriers point to point....

trudij

Senior Jockey
Held a charity race yesterday (in aid of the Devon and Somerset and the Dorset Air Ambulances) - with 8 very nervous riders.... (and having seen the performance put up by a couple of the horses, Im not suprised!!!!)

guess who won.... (apologies for the quality of the photos - Im no Tracy!!!!:lol:)

Kirstypointtopoint248.jpg

Kirstypointtopoint265.jpg

Congrats Jinnyj !!!! :D

Last edited:
Well done Ms Boutflower, I did not know you had a pointer and actually rode over those obstacles....but well done what price was it and whats the name of your protagonist??????

No not a pointer, Merlin just Regis Flight who I kept hold of and rode in a charity race over 10 furlongs in aid of the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance at our local point to point.

I have calmed down now although it was pretty nerve wracking stuff considering I was 1-4! and I was worried about letting the Greenway side down! Lucy duly completed a double on Fully Loaded (thats 8 wins from 10 starts now so retains his lead although two, Come What Augsutus & Indian Print are breathing down his neck on 7 wins). El Hombre tried his hardest to do the treble but couldn't quite peg back the winner in his race. Still we had a great day and a whole heap of money has been raised. The lovely lady presenting me with the cup is the legendary Mary Bromiley, Equine Physio Superstar.

Great pics, Troods!

Super shots, super champ! Well done, j/j - looked like somewhat messy weather for the ride, too. I want to see Dom, Trudi, Love Everlasting, Flame, and you all in a TalkingHorses charidee race next - and any other blokes on here who can ride without falling off!

If I can have a 1960's Greeves scrambler I'm up for that! :D

Well done Kirsty and team, bet you never thought he'd stay 10f did you?

Raised over £650 so far - clobbered the bookies at most of the point-to-point meeting I've been to and basically anyone who dared cross my path! Baring in mind though it costs £800 per hour to keep an air ambulance flying, I will try to keep raising more.
Have to say horse was a complete star having been off the course for 4 years (no fault of his own - I kept him after his owner failed to pay me any training fees, (£4,500!) for quite a while). Its a great shame he never got to show his ability while racing - I always thought a bit of him and he worked like a nice horse at home, however with all the water related problems that affected him, he never won. He was also quite immature mentally early on. He's such a nice horse to ride and hopefully I may do some more retired racehorse showing this summer on him. He'll have to behave better than last year though! And possibly some minor dressage if he takes to it.

Back