What are you backing Today? Part 2

Chester

3.45 Dark Pine (Nap) is now an improved horse winning two races for David Loughnane, (over 10 furlongs or thereabouts). I'd put a line through the last day. He's had a decent break since that. I view the fact they are upping the horse in class for a crack at this race as a sign he's still improving. 10s is a fair price.

Won :)

Chester

3.45 Dark Pine (Nap) is now an improved horse winning two races for David Loughnane, (over 10 furlongs or thereabouts). I'd put a line through the last day. He's had a decent break since that. I view the fact they are upping the horse in class for a crack at this race as a sign he's still improving. 10s is a fair price.
Oh panic. Thought I’d forgotten to back it but I did. Thanks Marb!

Well done Dark Pine backers. It was on my radar too but I was called away from the house and forgot to back it.

My bet was settled at 10/1 instead of best odds of 16/1, as I placed the bet late last night instead of after 10am this morning. I feeling really stupid now.

Last edited:
My bet was settled at 10/1 instead of best odds of 16/1, as I placed the bet late last night instead of after 10am this morning. I feeling really stupid now.

Annoying I know but a winner is a winner.well done mate.

One from my alerts runs tomorrow.first hcap bottom weight with G.Lee.dont know what to expect but steps up from a mile to 10f which should suit.THUNDER GAP 230n 16/1

Better to do that than forget to put the bet on which I do sometimes.

BALINSKER swinton hurdle 8/1 I backed this in the betfair as I thought it was well hcapped on a line through milkwood.did pinch 16s in a ew patent earlier in week already one down.

Nolan, has a couple of rides for O'Meara at Thirsk this evening, past 14 days has a 38% (5/13) strike rate for the trainer, this along with O'Meara's healthy 23% at Thirsk.

Golden Hind 19.05 every chance at 6's (Nolan also has a 60% strike rate for owner Robert Ogeden) & a fto 3yo Zoffany gelding Night Terrors in the 19.35 (20's)

Last edited:
Today is tough with the rain. I have three trackers out but two of them are a swerve with the ground and the other is somehow in the Oaks Trial despite winning a handicap off 79 last time out.

Only bet then today is Albaflora in the listed race at Ascot. A progressive filly, I loved her final two runs last year at Donny and Ascot so she loves the track and the likely ground. She's in the right hands also.

It's a fairly light betting day for me but I got on Deja at 17/2 on Thursday, which I'm not unhappy about.

I put up River Nymph early for the Lincoln and felt obliged to back him again in the Victoria Cup (14s taken on Thursday). I also took the same price about Motakhayyel but that's not looking so clever now. (Plus the longshots in that thread.)

I put Cormier (Swinton) on the Longshot thread last night but am almost ashamed to list the other ones I've backed at Haydock...

I'm looking forward to the racing today. Some open events to have a sporting bet in.

I reckon the rain will suit On A Session in the Victoria Cup and its good to see he's a positive in the betting.

Good luck today to all forum members and readers.

Last edited:
Well done DO getting 25s about Cormier. No bigger than 16s this morning. The other one for me in the race is Celestial Force for PFN at 18/1.

Also like Trincomalee in the 1.25 which I backed at 8/1 and is now 11/2 best

I’m in danger of backing all of Bryony’s rides

Edit: In fact I have as she has no more rides today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I backed Vision des Flos today as I noticed the Tizzard horses seem to be running a lot better and may be well handicapped.

Mugged in the shadow of the post by that f***ing Pipe horse who’s done the same to me before but always runs like a drain when I back it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah well done River Nymph backers.

It beat Tranchee and Danyah last season at Newbury which turned out to be excellent form.

I had a good look at River Nymph but just changed my mind thinking this race was too big an ask. In hindsight I should have waited to see the trainer comments.

On A Session was dissapointing.

Ps, roll on York...

Last edited:
Back