Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

3.10 Kelso-Total Assets @ 11-4 [Paddy Power]
3.40 Kelso-Vengeur De Guye @ 5-1 [Skybet]
4.30 Ludlow-Canoodle @ 11-10 [Skybet]
5.20 Huntingdon-Cockney Wren @ 5-2 [Ladbrokes]
5.30 Ludlow-River Of Intrigue @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]

2.30 - Ludlow - By The Boardwalk. 1.25 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Only seven runners for this handicap chase but it's a competitive affair and it's not easy to discount any of the runners. At the relevant prices By The Boardwalk is the most attractive betting proposition. He returned to action after a five month break at Perth in September and has subsequently returned four decent efforts. The first of them resulted in a victory at Market Rasen from a five pound lower mark than he runs from today but his best performance came over an extended 26 furlongs on this track on his penultimate start. His two length second has been franked by both the first and well beaten third since, so the form has some substance, and he runs from the same mark today. Ground easier than good to soft is of no use to him so the drying conditions here are in his favour, as is the right-handed track. All four of his victories have come over fences, under today's jockey, on good or good to soft ground, in a single number field and on a right handed track; three of them at around today's trip.

3.30 - Ludlow - Jayo Time. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2. (Nap)
Another seven runner handicap chase but this a better race than the earlier affair, which befits the decent prize money on offer. Preference is for the topweight, Jayo Time, who reappears after an 11 month absence. He was last seen when falling here when looking booked for second last May. He runs from four pounds lower in the weights today and he has form from the last campaign which would make him very competitive from a mark of 130. He runs this track well with three completions returning form figures of 1/6, 1/9 and 2/7 on ground ranging from good through to soft. His second came when beaten a length and a half by Sir Valentino from a five pound higher mark and that looks very strong form in the context of this race. His fitness has to be taken on trust but he has gone well fresh in the past and this is likely to have been his target once his return had been mapped out. The use of a decent Amateur from the Pointing field who is attached to the yard and takes off seven pounds makes him even more attractive from a weights perspective.

3.50 - Huntingdon - Caid du Lin. 2.75 pts win. Available at 4/1. (Nb)
Another competitive affair, this time over hurdles. Ryeolliean has been well supported in the early markets and he could take advantage from a career low mark. However, preference is for Caid du Lin who threw away a winning chance when swerving after the last at Fontwell last time out. He runs from the same mark here so he can be considered almost a winner without a penalty. This is just his third start for current connections and just his seventh start over hurdles, so there is potential for further improvement and drying ground will hold no fears given his form in France. He won't want to be repeating his latest antics again but that was the first time he had demonstrated any waywardness and it could be worth forgiving him after the assessors lenience. He represents a respected yard who place their horses well and have a 21% strike rate at this track in recent seasons.

4.40 - Kelso - Monbeg Aquadude. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

5.20 - Huntingdon - Cresswell Legend. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2.

5.30 - Ludlow - Pulling Power. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

Last edited:
Sporting Life SP forecaster had Thomas Cranmer (Southwell 4:20) as 7/1 outsider of the field 48 hours ago. To good to be true it seems. He's priced up at 5/2 favourite now... rightly so imho, best to take BOG as its a competitive race. I can see him winning at a better price than 5/2, especially after falling on his last start.

He's showed plenty of promise so far in career, must be getting some sort of three year old allowance in the conditions of this race, as he's really well-in on his rating of 84, (higher rated than horses carrying more weight than him).

Last edited:

3.10 Kelso-Total Assets @ 11-4 [Paddy Power]:)
3.40 Kelso-Vengeur De Guye @ 5-1 [Skybet]
4.30 Ludlow-Canoodle @ 11-10 [Skybet]
5.20 Huntingdon-Cockney Wren @ 5-2 [Ladbrokes]
5.30 Ludlow-River Of Intrigue @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]

Loss of 1.25pts...two 2nds

2.30 Kempton-Favorito Buck's @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]
4.20 Southwell-Custard The Dragon @ 11-4 [Skybet]
4.45 Kempton-Landscape @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Kempton-Norse Light @ 2-1 [Bet Victor]
5.25 Southwell-Denmead @ 11-2 [William Hill]
5.55 Southwell-The Lock Master @ 5-1 [Skybet]

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>5.15 - Kempton - Pass On The Mantle. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. (was 22/1 earlier but only just had a chance to post)

**** happens Ricko - not to worry. As I know all-to-well from how my fancy ran today.

Comeonginger (Wincanton 2:20) with bottom weight. Strong left-field selection here. Off the track 87 days, hopefully will have been rejuvenated at home, and has a major opportunity off a mark of 108 on some previous form.

Last edited:
One from my tracker, Solighoster runs in 14:00 at Plumpton tomorrow for third outing over hurdles. Won on similar ground last month. Very small field, set for a showdown against Fountains Windfall. 11/8 at Paddy Power.

Runs again tomorrow, 3:20 at Wincanton. Taking on Thumb Stone Blues and Anchor Man over a slightly longer trip but won over further in March 2016. I'm happy to back again. 3/1 at Paddy Power.

Sadbrokes Masters group betting:

A) Dustin Johnson 5/2
B) Rickie Fowler 3/1
C) Paul Casey 7/2
D) Louis HOousthuizen 3/1
E) Daniel Berger 7/2
F) Lee Westwood 7/2
20 x 2 point trebles
15 x 2 point 4 folds
6 x 5 point 5 folds
10 point roll up

Do this type of bet every year; had 5 up a few times but never the 6.
One treble gives you your stake back.

2.30 Kempton-Favorito Buck's @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]
4.20 Southwell-Custard The Dragon @ 11-4 [Skybet]:)
4.45 Kempton-Landscape @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Kempton-Norse Light @ 2-1 [Bet Victor]
5.25 Southwell-Denmead @ 11-2 [William Hill]
5.55 Southwell-The Lock Master @ 5-1 [Skybet]

Loss of 2.25pts

Morning

2.00 Carlisle-Lord Ballim @ 11-4 [Skybet]
2.10 Wolverhampton-Compton River @ 5-1 [Bet Bright]
3.45 Wolverhampton-Bracken Brae @ 11-10 [Skybet]
4.35 Carlisle-Ouro Branco @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Wolverhampton-Hollywood Harry @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]

Comeonginger (Wincanton 2:20) with bottom weight. Strong left-field selection here. Off the track 87 days, hopefully will have been rejuvenated at home, and has a major opportunity off a mark of 108 on some previous form.

May have been unlucky there with all to play for when he fell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlisle 3.35 Thyne For Gold 8/1 looks on a good mark for first run over fences and only horse bred to be a jumper with stiff fences at track - hoping he makes all.

Bit of a strange one but there's a Horse running in Tampa tonight @ 9.45 called Mccraken. I reckon he could win Kentucky Derby this year. He's 25/1 for that but 7/4 for tonight.

If he's fit enough 1st time out he pisses this tonight.

This fella steps up his Derby bid Saturday night. He goes for the Bluegrass Stakes and is 11/8 fav with pp. A win here would promote him to clear Derby fav & make those antepost bets look tasty.

May have been unlucky there with all to play for when he fell

Yep, but it was a bad fall from Comeonginger, a race ending fall, so I've no complaints. Hope he's alright. I just wish he'd jumped it like every other fence beforehand.

I've been watching out for Eddiemaurice since The Betfair Hurdle, (Taunton 4:30), will love the good ground, and has a great chance at this level.

Mind you, I've said this about a few horses recently that have done nothing. He's a strong fancy of mine but I'm not getting carried away.

Last edited:
Runs again tomorrow, 3:20 at Wincanton. Taking on Thumb Stone Blues and Anchor Man over a slightly longer trip but won over further in March 2016. I'm happy to back again. 3/1 at Paddy Power.

Horse was withdrawn, has an entry on 9th at Ffos Las over 2m 4f which I'll look at then.

Morning

2.00 Carlisle-Lord Ballim @ 11-4 [Skybet]:)
2.10 Wolverhampton-Compton River @ 5-1 [Bet Bright]
3.45 Wolverhampton-Bracken Brae @ 11-10 [Skybet]:)
4.35 Carlisle-Ouro Branco @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
5.15 Wolverhampton-Hollywood Harry @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]

Profit of 0.85pt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back