What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandown 3:50 - The two colts head the betting, they'll have to be very good to prevail I reckon. I'll take them on with Lord Vetinari, who was gelded after two poor efforts last season, but who has shown a lot more ability this season when winning two low grade handicaps at Chester and Goodwood. I'm forgiving the last run, and I believe he can run well on the bottom weight, at odds of about 12/1.

Last edited:
16:45 Sandown: Pheidippides has a squeak in this and will do for my Saturday excursion. Still a maiden but has been running well, albeit on the AW. Best price I could find was the 13/2 with Coral (was 9/1 generally earlier this morning).

Last edited:
Worcester 2.45 All Set To Go has a tough task here giving weight all round but comfortably disposed of John Constable last time and looked the more natural chaser most of the way round (would have won far more comfortably but for fluffing 3 out) and can confirm form here. Flying Tiger has been a bit disappointing since his Fred Winter success and seems plenty short enough so I’m happy to chance All Set To Go at 9/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching the betting on Shaffire Goodwood (3:40). Trained by a smart trainer, carries bottom weight, eight stone, for first start in a handicap... 25's now, the betting jungle may prove interesting as a guide.

Last edited:
Main bet today is Tony Carroll's Long Call (Leicester 7:25). Racing Post give it a decent mention, certainly dropped down the weights, shrewd handler, could go close.

I'm backing Commander Han tomorrow, (Haydock 4:10). He ran an excellent comeback race when fifth the last day at York, having being gelded before that. Im keeping a close check on the horses recently gelded. He might just take a lot of pegging back here. 8/1.

For Saturday have had an e/w Patent with PP on the following at Haydock:

13:50 Natural History 4/1

14:25 Here Comes When 6/1

15:00 Floating Artist 9/4

Good luck, Bolero. I may follow you with those.

GOSSIPING (Kempton 3:15) has travelled down the weights, (as required), so I'm taking him to go well tomorrow in the London Mile. He's been running in all the big handicaps this season. He's a CD winner. I could see a big market plunge on him tomorrow and new jockey booking may prove fruitful.

Last edited:
Thanks Marble, good luck with yours too. Might have a bit on Gossiping as well, but will wait and see how mine get on first. Have a strict daily limit with bets!

Love Sir Dancealot (4.15H) to bits, and thought him particularly impressive in the Lennox, where he was baulked twice when making his run. Only did what he had to under a penalty in the Hungerford, and his capable trainer swears he's a GP1 horse.
Has the gears for this drop in trip (particularly on this soft surface) and he's the one horse that could trouble a well-behaved Harry Angel.
Can't see him out of the first 3 whatever, and PP's 11/1 is just too big to ignore.

Bolder Bob (3.35H) has won 3 from 4 with cut in the ground, so probably improved to win on the faster surface at Pomte (RP analyst has him "Looking uncomfotable on the ground"). The Haydock going should be more in his favour, as should the extra 2f he has to travel (trainer reckons he's a 2m horse, anyway).
Solid bet at the current 9/2.

Wouldn't say I'm particularly religious, but don't think I bet too often on a Sunday! However, one that caught my eye is newcomer Parelli Gold in the bumper at Fontwell (5:10). Excellent German flat pedigree, and I see that she has been backed down from 14/1 early birds to 8/1, currently 9/1. Think I'll have a piece of that as it is obvious connections must think something of her?

Edit: Now down to 7/1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back