What are you watching

The Killing: the original Danish series on BBC4 on Saturday nights, 3 episodes at a time - set the bar for these type of programmes. Each episode is a day in the investigation. If haven't seen it would highly recommend, and if have worth a second view.
Followed by Motherland, which I had never seen/heard of before, starring Anna Maxwell Martin, recently of Line Of Duty as the pantomime villain trying to take Ted's job ' for the love of the wee donkey': I think there were 6 episodes on back to back and I ended up watching them all, really, really funny!

Did it show series 1 of Motherland as well? I saw that series 2 was on. I loved Motherland right from the start although DD , who was still juggling teaching and young children at the time said it made her stressed. Strange to see the lovely DrGoodsir from The Terror in it as well. I’ll never be able to see him in Motherland in the same way. There’s a new series starting next week on BBC starring the dishy priest from Fleabag. If they haven’t been cut out my dogs mum and sister will be in the last episode playing his dogs. I hope they’re in it as the younger one has just had pups and one of them is called Diamanté as a nod to the diamond collars they wear in the series.

How incredibly disappointing was the last Line of Duty last night?! All that ruddy build up and it was like a damp squib.

Thank goodness I never got into Line of Duty. I still haven’t got over the last series of Game of Thrones. I haven’t moved on from The Terror which I actually watched 3 times and might watch again.

How incredibly disappointing was the last Line of Duty last night?! All that ruddy build up and it was like a damp squib.

Yes I thought that as well...was waiting for the armed officers outside the glass room to shoot it out....and Kate to start running after him ( that's one of the best sequences in earlier series when she goes after Dot ). Wonder if that may be part of the point though for series 7? Maybe? Steve and Kate have to get together, I'm not always in favour of leads getting it together on a personal level, but those two have to.

Did it show series 1 of Motherland as well? I saw that series 2 was on. I loved Motherland right from the start although DD , who was still juggling teaching and young children at the time said it made her stressed. Strange to see the lovely DrGoodsir from The Terror in it as well. I’ll never be able to see him in Motherland in the same way. There’s a new series starting next week on BBC starring the dishy priest from Fleabag. If they haven’t been cut out my dogs mum and sister will be in the last episode playing his dogs. I hope they’re in it as the younger one has just had pups and one of them is called Diamanté as a nod to the diamond collars they wear in the series.

I'm honestly not sure, may well be. Embarrassed to say I had never heard of it, was only watching as I don't sleep and there was nothing else on. There is a new series starting ( I'm assuming new ) from Monday 10th, 9 o'clock BBC2 I think. Some brilliant characters...'Anne' really reminds me of someone , from another show maybe, and I just can't think who?

I have the tv on all night and I channel hop. It came on after I’d watched the AP documentary on catchup.

Yes that's where I saw it first, last night it was on after Between The Lines, which really doesn't stand up but Neil Pearson helps with the not sleeping.

Yes I thought that as well...was waiting for the armed officers outside the glass room to shoot it out....and Kate to start running after him ( that's one of the best sequences in earlier series when she goes after Dot ). Wonder if that may be part of the point though for series 7? Maybe? Steve and Kate have to get together, I'm not always in favour of leads getting it together on a personal level, but those two have to.

I had thought this was the complete end of the Line of Duty series but obviously not as too many loose ends. There has to be something with Carmichael and possibly the Police Chief himself being bent? And why show a photo of Jimmy Nesbit if he’s going to be found dead instead of actually appearing on screen...that definitely didn’t add up. I thought it was really lame to have Buckells as the Fourth Man. They let down a lot of fans. It’s almost become like and American series which starts off so well then the writers forget what’s happened and it goes all over the place only to fizzle out. As my English teacher would have said of writing an essay “it has a beginning, a middle and an end!”

I had thought this was the complete end of the Line of Duty series but obviously not as too many loose ends. There has to be something with Carmichael and possibly the Police Chief himself being bent? And why show a photo of Jimmy Nesbit if he’s going to be found dead instead of actually appearing on screen...that definitely didn’t add up. I thought it was really lame to have Buckells as the Fourth Man. They let down a lot of fans. It’s almost become like and American series which starts off so well then the writers forget what’s happened and it goes all over the place only to fizzle out. As my English teacher would have said of writing an essay “it has a beginning, a middle and an end!”

No, it definately didn’t add up, Jinny :)

Last edited:

The only 'hope' I would say that he is not the 4th man was the smirk on his face when they shut the viewer on him in the cell. Obviously Jed M a fabulous writer but have to think that the 4th man may not have been in the series all the way through...I'd have to watch it back but was H referred to in the first series? I saw it recently when repeated but I don't remember them referring to an H? Lennie James' character seemed to be being controlled by a crime overlord rather than a corrupt copper. I know Dot etc were in there but they were 'extras' to the main story.....I think :P
I know fiction but how did Ryan actually get in to the force? Would need some serious interference for him to pass references etc and family interviews. ( I know it's a drama before anyone starts shouting but...... it's like Heat - fantastic film but HUGE hole in the plot and it bugs me every time I see it even though I love it)

The West Wing is actually 7 seasons not 9. Just finished season 5. It's a top ten of all time show for sure. Speaking of which I started a re-watch of Line of Duty again in prep for the last season which is currently on the Beeb. Season's 2 and 3 of that show up there with the last couple of Breaking Bad seasons, the first couple of The Sopranos and the odd Game of Thrones as the best tv ever imo. Season 2 of The Wire as well. Immense

Onto the last season of The West Wing now. I think the quality was consistent from the get go. Really enjoyed it.

Line of Duty I will finish tomorrow. The last couple of seasons have lacked the quality of the first four.

I'm towards the end of season 2 of The Crown. I've really enjoyed this and the lass who plays the young Queen has been excellent

Onto the last season of The West Wing now. I think the quality was consistent from the get go. Really enjoyed it.

Line of Duty I will finish tomorrow. The last couple of seasons have lacked the quality of the first four.

I'm towards the end of season 2 of The Crown. I've really enjoyed this and the lass who plays the young Queen has been excellent

When you've watched the rest of The West Wing, check in if you want to know what was meant to have happened but was rewritten.......... I think it's noticeable that Aaron Sorkin was out of it by then as one character would never have done what they do if he had still be writing it. I'm currently re watching series 3. Lemon Lyman dot com :)

When you've watched the rest of The West Wing, check in if you want to know what was meant to have happened but was rewritten.......... I think it's noticeable that Aaron Sorkin was out of it by then as one character would never have done what they do if he had still be writing it. I'm currently re watching series 3. Lemon Lyman dot com :)

Presume Toby and the leak that was hinted at at the end of s6?

The Pursuit of Love. BBC iplayer episode 2, 24 minutes in. Swift and Scarlet, my dogs mum and sister appearing with Andrew Scott. They wear diamond collars and Scarlet has since had puppies, one of whom has been called Diamanté. Me and the dog are very excited about it.

I watched all of it last night - loved it !!! Wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, but was very pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see the whippets? It was blink and you miss it last night. I was so busy looking out for the dogs I didn’t really watch it properly. When we lost our fawn whippet a few years ago I set my heart on having a black one as I wanted something totally different and it was pure luck that a breeder I knew had a litter consisting of 3 blacks as they’re not very common. We run her on the beach when there are no other dogs around and it’s a sight to behold. She is my poor mans racehorse!

Oh I saw them and thought they were lovely! As you say black whippets are unusual.

I enjoyed it but I loved the book. The hunting of the children by Uncle Matthew especially!

I really want to read the book now. There seem to be mixed reactions from people that have read it but it’s very rare to find an adaptation that satisfies someone that really loves a particular book. I was happy with Seabiscuit, though. Never got over the film version of Captain Corellis Mandolin.

Believe it or not I actually saw a bloodhound on the beach today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

Back