What do you see as racing's biggest problem ?

I still don't get why aw racing is a problem. It's more or less like saying 2nd division football affects the premiership.

Don't watch it if you don't like it

I don't watch AW racing. haven't done for years still doesn't stop making it shite though!!!
The stats about the 4 lowest racecourse attendances say it all, not just me it's Joe public who are saying it's shite.

A good step in right direction would have been to make RUK free to air. The quality of its coverage would have drawn people in to what is a fascinating sport when projected in right way. Very short sighted and clueless marketing not to have made this available

Couldn't agree more with that.

The most annoying thing Ive ever seen in Racing was the handling of the incident in the Champion Chase in 2012. Shocking incompetence from the course staff.

I don't watch AW racing. haven't done for years still doesn't stop making it shite though!!!
The stats about the 4 lowest racecourse attendances say it all, not just me it's Joe public who are saying it's shite.

I still scratching my head to work out why a well contested group 3 at Lingfield say is automatically "sh*t"

Its only a surface. So what?

1) lack of TV exposure: nobody who doesn't know racing already is going to stumble on Channel 4 on a Saturday.....and stay there!
2) too many other things to bet on, especially football.
3) no competition in Ireland to Mullins
4) small fields in big races
5) everything in the uk and Ireland (jumps) is just geared towards Cheltenham
6) Grand National moving to C4 (point 1)

Good list harry

Especially point 5

It is the very worst aspect of jumps racing that nearly everything up the the festival is viewed as "a trial" rather than a proper prize in its own right

Coming out of that is the ridiculous bollocks (bought into by too many on forums too) that horses can only be and have every right to be, fully fit once a season. This two runs a season stuff is too easily accepted.

Thats one area where flat easily beats jump racing. No one claims the derby is a "trial" for the arc or the eclipse "a trial" full of half trying half fit runners

Last edited:
AW racing and Sunday racing are the two biggest missed opporchancities in the history of racing.

AW racing could/should have good cards centred around G3 and Listed events, like a decent Saturday supporting card but instead it is no more than live puggies.

Sunday Racing should have taken over from Saturdays as the focal point of the normal racing week, as it is in the rest of Europe, and personally I'd like all the big festival meetings to climax on the Sunday.

AW racing and Sunday racing are the two biggest missed opporchancities in the history of racing.

AW racing could/should have good cards centred around G3 and Listed events, like a decent Saturday supporting card but instead it is no more than live puggies.

Sunday Racing should have taken over from Saturdays as the focal point of the normal racing week, as it is in the rest of Europe, and personally I'd like all the big festival meetings to climax on the Sunday.

Nothing like climaxing early on a Sunday;)

No matter how good your product is: everything comes down to marketing.

Bookies (on TV during most commercial breaks), market football and machines now.......racing is the poor relation

Horse racing used to be THE only way to win quick...the pools was the only footy bet back in the day.

Football has killed racing?....look at the column inches in the daily papers or more importantly , websites

Last edited:
Maybe people enjoyed Big Mac after all.

Can't stand that Cunningham or Fitz, Francombe and Alistair were much better

And I can't see for the life of me what Rishi is still employed for

Last edited:
Maybe people enjoyed Big Mac after all.

Can't stand that Cunningham or Fitz, Francombe and Alistair were much better

And I can't see for the life of me what Rishi is still employed for

I didn't mind Big Mac, brought a bit of colour and entertainment to the table for the afternoons racing. Cannot stand Graham Cunningham. Mick Fitz doesn't add anything. Rishi...God help us!

Bring back the old C4 team anyday of the week. The producers rightly cocked this one up!

Bookies (on TV during most commercial breaks), market football and machines now.......racing is the poor relation

Good reason for that. Even bookies have an image to project and relative honesty is key

If to a novice punter if one bookie is promoting premiership football and the other the world of Barney Curley.... well?

Good reason for that. Even bookies have an image to project and relative honesty is key

If to a novice punter if one bookie is promoting premiership football and the other the world of Barney Curley.... well?

What about Royal Ascot compared to Conference Football.

Back