Where Did Everyone Hear About This Forum?

dvds2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
The past few days while I've been doing some work on here (for a change I know :) ) I started wondering where everyone came from. We have over 700 members now, and I know some came from the CH4 forum, but there wasn't 700 members on there and certainly anyone from the past few years won't have found us from there.
I'm just interested if anyone found us through google or search engines, word of mouth, link from another site (which?) or what?

I doubt many found us from google as we aren't high in the rankings, well not on any search terms I use!

I heard about OH Racing when Jamie did a bit of spamming on Betfair, joined up and started posting. Someone on there posted some sort of poll showing TH as the best fan site so i joined up.

Euronymous, that was me on OH racing. I too am one of the sad feckers who have been here since the old C4 forum.

Long ago, in the dim and distant past when myself & Relkeel used to have adjoining desks, he recommended this place to me.

My brother (PDJ) told me about it. I actually don't like horse racing at all but I enjot the chitchat and other sports pages

When you won your award in the Racing Post. I scribbled down the address and found you all when I'd finished work that night :) You all seemed rather nice so I stayed :D

I got your addy from the lady who runs the racehorse memories site, sorry can't think of her name at the mo (Purr?)

What award did you win?

Popped to dvds2000 (I think that was the name). Too many pop ups :ph34r: , popped out and popped back in under the latest reincarnation that is Talking Horses.

? Was it Terry that first came up with the name.

I was in the annual obsessive process of looking for help with answers to the RP quiz (for which i have twice been a runner up) - I googled and found TH - then was far too shy to post anything for ages :shy:

I Found the site when doin research for my thesis. Think i may have heard of the name on finalfurlong and googled it..

Anyways, top site, keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Merlin the Magician+Mar 17 2006, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Merlin the Magician @ Mar 17 2006, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dvds2000@Mar 17 2006, 12:15 AM

I doubt many found us from google as we aren't high in the rankings, well not on any search terms I use!
T/H HORSES HERE 2ND ONE DOWN ON GOOGLE

If you put in Talking Horses you end up above............. [/b][/quote]
yeah but not many people will google for talkinghorses most will be searching for terms like horse racing, cheltenham stuff like that, and we aren't that far up when that type of search is used :)

You haven't included any META tags for either Keywords or Description in the HTML of your homepage.

They won't work miracles, but they will help with Search Engine listing.

Ch 4 refugee - and I have passed the site name on to a couple of current members.

Back