Where's the Festival Value?

Dunno what it is about Charbel.........I have him down as generally flattered by some reasonable looking outings......can't quite take to him, for some reason.

Last edited:
That case could be argued from small field novice chases, especially when you consider Top Notch for one seems to have improved for the first run, but it's hard to view his Supreme run as overly flattering IMHO when he was up there throughout.

He's 7lb above the ceiling for that race and his sire was a miler on the flat so he wouldn't stay 2.5 miles IMO.

and taking in the Grand Annual, where he'd have something like 11st 5lb to carry after just two novice chase runs is optimistic. I remember reading an article in the RP recently where connections were keen on his chances of running into a place in the Arkle.

I think Different Gravey in the JLT fits your criteria.

Nicky Henderson says in today's RP that the horse goes for that race. He also runs Top Notch, the second favourite.

Against Different Gravey are his poor run last time out and the fact that he has yet to show his form in two runs at Cheltenham.

In his favour are his undoubted ability - a 160-rated hurdler although that might slightly flatter him - and his terrific record when fresh. He'll have had three months off when the race comes round.

25/1 available NRNB. Decent each-way at that price, for me.

Looks like Different Gravey misses the festival according to latest NJH blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Different Gravey misses the festival according to latest NJH blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye. I really must stop taking literally quotes like "..[Top Notch will] go for the JLT along with Different Gravey."

The same owner and trainer combo have Presenting Percy who ran a satisfactory 5th in a Pertemps qualifier at Leopardstown over Christmas, this is a race they took at last years festival with the aforementioned Mall Dini

While betting AP on festival Handicaps isn't in general a profitable exercise, 33/1 is just a bit too big to ignore for mine.

Best priced 10/1 now :whistle:

The same owner and trainer combo have Presenting Percy who ran a satisfactory 5th in a Pertemps qualifier at Leopardstown over Christmas, this is a race they took at last years festival with the aforementioned Mall Dini

While betting AP on festival Handicaps isn't in general a profitable exercise, 33/1 is just a bit too big to ignore for mine.

Badda Boom :lol:

Will do Fonz. Betting wise my day depends (thus far) on Champagne West and Mohaayed both each way. Both horses I have backed to win 4 figure amounts. But I am not getting carried away. Just want to enjoy my first visit to the track.

Last edited:
Back