Which Jockey would ride your horse?

harry

At the Start
If you owned a Flat/Jumps horse, who would you push for?

Me: Jumps: Townend. Flat: Hughes

Ruby over hurdles, Gerraghty over fences. If neither were available I'd go for Fehily or Russell.

Flat would be Jamie Moore as a complete no-brainer.

Would anyone use an up and coming claimer like Bowen instead of an established jockey?

Jumps chase James reverley hurdles ruby also Jamie codd without a doubt!
Flat Spenser first 3 (to get handicap mark) and Danny tudhope when the money was on!

Last edited:
Geezuz this is some question. But a great thread all the same.

Depends who was training the horse.

James Revely. Dougie Costello would be on my shortlist if need be.

The Flat........William Buick............... up and coming and very smart

Having had a horse who ran over jumps and was ridden by Jason Maguire when we could get him, I would say Jason. Purely for drool appeal, though would have to be Geraghty. ( No offence to Jason at all)
On the flat, difficult, Moore I think is currently the best but I think he can be hard on a horse, so if it were mine not sure if I would be happy about booking him. Maybe Fallon.

Flat - Paul Mulrennan if it was a sprinter, otherwise I'd have total faith in Andrea Atzeni or Danny Tudhope.
Jumps - Noel Fehily, Wayne Hutchinson and the obvious choices of Ruby or Geraghty.

Hi, first time poster. Would have AP on an experienced chaser but definitely not a young horse as I've always felt that he's too hard on them. Some of his bumper rides have made me shudder (have been happy to back them though - I'm a hypocrite!)

Geezuz this is some question. But a great thread all the same.

The Flat........William Buick............... up and coming and very smart

I'm a massive fan but he was very subdued last season. Hopefully much better to come again this...

Seanyboy 1 - Murtagh is retired ! If we are going in the time machine then Lester !!!

Seriously JUMPS AP or P Townend

Flat Moore,Hughes and Atzeni

Back