Willie Mullins

On a sidenote, I hope Mullins hasn't peaked too early with his animals. He cant put a foot wrong at possible. I hope for his sake they can maintain that momentum until season end

Remarkably he did keep it going, getting the main guns there in great shape bar maybe Cousin Vinny.

Another nice novice hurdle winner at Naas today.

On a sidenote, I hope Mullins hasn't peaked too early with his animals. He cant put a foot wrong at possible. I hope for his sake they can maintain that momentum until season end

Well no worries on that regard....11 winners at Punchestown...remarkable season from start to finish.

Really interesting after today to read post 45 etc re Ballytrim. I'd forgotten that earleir run, and backed him today. Ruby took him almost right out the back for the third quarter of the race, and then brought him back through the field to win. An amazing ride!

And some of us were worried if his stable form would maintain to Cheltenham?!? Big flat winner today, doubles at loads of the summer meetings.....from the start of last NH season he has not stopped. I do not remember an Irish NH trainer having a season like his before.

Grand little horse, fancied her.

Carroll will go to the top. First time I met him I felt he had a bit of a presence about him. He is hard working and has a brain.

All the buying and selling was distracting Wille from what he is really good at....training winners.

He also has possibly the best pool of jockeys in his yard in the UK. I hadn't seen this lad ride before but if he is as good or better than Townend he really has got a great team of jockeys.

Carroll is a fairly impressive young jockey. Im a hug Paul Townend fan though...

Is there enough oppurtunities for them in Ireland though? Or are they going to have to cross the sea for stable no1 jobs?

I guess once PT's claim has gone it will depend on the Hurricane Fly situation - Mullins said PT would keep the rider last winter.

If not and Ruby continues to ride the top horses I can see Townend coming over to the UK - but not sure for who since all the big stables seem to have a steady, top jockey attached to them.

I guess once PT's claim has gone it will depend on the Hurricane Fly situation - Mullins said PT would keep the rider last winter.

If not and Ruby continues to ride the top horses I can see Townend coming over to the UK - but not sure for who since all the big stables seem to have a steady, top jockey attached to them.

Paul Townend won't be going anywhere for a long long time if at all.

Whatever about the jumps. The flat youngsters generally need to go to the UK. Taigh O'Shea another graduate from Halfords looks like he has made a nice niche for himself. Tom Queally who was with Pat Flynn seems to have made the break through this year too.

Back