Willie Mullins

Any price up yet for Laws of Spin for JCB Triumph hurdle ?
Won his second race at leop this evening and could be nice; his owners are two nice nice guys that have been lucky owners; this could be the one.

Came good today in Irish Cesarewitch off 86.
Owners told me he has been schooled and "jumped everything put in front of him " according to WP.
Needs ground as quick as he can get it though.
I had a notion of an ante post double Laws Of Spin (JCB Triumph ) and Thistlecrack ( Gold Cup ) as a kamikaze type bet given neither has been seen over their respective obstacles in a race, just for the devilment of it all.

A friend of mine who has shares in the Supreme Racing club was down in Closutton last week on a stable tour.Horses like Annie Power, Ballycasey,Douvn etc wont be in action until Middle of November.Also Mullins is looking into the possibility of running horses at Dundalk on the all weather track.

A friend of mine who has shares in the Supreme Racing club was down in Closutton last week on a stable tour.Horses like Annie Power, Ballycasey,Douvn etc wont be in action until Middle of November.Also Mullins is looking into the possibility of running horses at Dundalk on the all weather track.

Ballycassey won at Gowran last week.

Thanks archie, I did e-mail the office there but never had a reply, plus spoke to a couple of their lasses but they seemed strangely reluctant to say.

Am I alone in thinking his RP stable tour today looked far less promising than last year's, obviously not helped by the loss of the Giggi horses ?

I remember reading last year's (I still have it actually so will probably re-read) and thinking the potential was frightening and with the obvious exception of Douvan stepping out of novice company the only horse who I'd put in that category currently is Invitation Only.

It's possible the likes of Melon, Senewalk & Koshari over hurdles and Min over fences may fill in those gaps but they've a lot to prove yet to warrant their relatively short prices for some of the big spring targets.

A group of friends were at the Mullins yard last month (I didn't go this year) and they came back under the impression that Melon was the one the yard was most looking forward to.

Thanks archie, I did e-mail the office there but never had a reply, plus spoke to a couple of their lasses but they seemed strangely reluctant to say.

From the extended Ricci piece - he will be campaigned as a chaser, looks whiter than ever and will have plenty of options open to him given the lack of penalties owing to his time off

Last edited:
All these stable tours are more important in what they don't say. A quick look at Oddschecker shows him with the favourite for the Supreme Nov, Champion Hurdle, Mares Hurdle, Neptune, QM, JLT , Ryanair, World Hurdle, Mares Nov and Albert Bartlett plus second favourite for the Arkle and Gold Cup. Truly a crisis.

Come on Willie just tell which route Yorkhill is going please.

History suggests that anything reported by Mullins now, could be completely invalid when the relevant Festival declaration stage is reached, Frankel.

As far as this yard is concerned, you're betting blind, and listening to anything they say may only build your hopes up unnecessarily. :cool:

:lol: Good one, Ivan.

Q. How many Owners & Trainers does it take to put away thousands of punters?

A. Three.....and possibly counting.

To be fair, if you play an audio recording of that interview backwards at twice the normal speed you can quite clearly pick out the words 'JLT.....Satan is Lord...'

Last edited:
History suggests that anything reported by Mullins now, could be completely invalid when the relevant Festival declaration stage is reached, Frankel.

As far as this yard is concerned, you're betting blind, and listening to anything they say may only build your hopes up unnecessarily. :cool:

Rarely bet Ante Post and am wary when taking this yard in to account especially. He is just one who excites me massively.
He should be over a fence really but the way he won the Neptune was taking.

Last edited:
To be fair, if you play an audio recording of that interview backwards at twice the normal speed you can quite clearly pick out the words 'JLT.....Satan is Lord...'

Quality.

Perversely, it makes me feel a little bit better knowing that all of the main yard players were happy to violate punters as they saw fit. It feels less personal now! :lol:

Heaven forfend the thought that Giggi might have left Mullins, because they weren't prepared to play a similar game. :whistle:

Last edited:
Champagne Fever, Lord Windermere, Boston Bob & Roi Des Francs among the 16 entries for the 2m6f chase at Thurles a week today

Former Mullins dark horse Admiral Chief, who was MIA through the whole of last season, switches to Mouse as part of the Giggi exodus and now has an entry for next Thursday.

What I do admire is that Mullins does it his way and the results are their to see. He does have great training facilties but keeps his owners sweet and ricci seemed to have great admiration for him. If owners did dictate where they wanted their horses to go you could end up the same as the situation at ballydoyle for aiden O'Brien. I know he had a great season but could it been so much better had the trainer been left to do his job. Anyway a hat trick for Mullins yesterday will one of his ex giiginstown horses falling while in the lead at the last. Karma or what. Always like Mullins and think he will be top dog for as long as he wants to.

Back