Winning Ways/Talking Horses day at Navan

Arkwright

Journeyman
Long time since I've contributed on here.

First of all a few piccies from Navan on Saturday,hopefully a few from Leopardstown later on in the week.

Derrycrew gets the unofficial Talking Horses (well Betsmate actually) best turned out in the opener.
It was used as a practice run for the real thing at the end of the card.

DSC_0007Derrycrew.jpg

Deal Done jumping the last before going onto victory in the opener

DSC_0011DealDonejumpsthelastclear.jpg

Winning connections

DSC_0021Winningconnections.jpg

Another odds on shot comes in as Sibenek beats Majestic Oak

DSC_0032SibenekjustgetsthebetterofM.jpg

DSC_0040Sibenek.jpg

News Item trying to make all....

DSC_0046NewsItemtryingtomakeall.jpg

...but will only finish fourth

Oscar Looby near side at the last and he will finish second to....

DSC_0048butgetspouncedonbyOscarLoob.jpg

..Kempes another winner for Paul Townend

DSC_0063andeventualwinnerKempes.jpg

Ten Fires (near side) alongside the hidden Limestone Cowboy

DSC_0071TenFiresontheoutsideofLimes.jpg

Telenor leads after the last

DSC_0080Telenorleadsafterthelast.jpg

..and holds off the brave pace setter Ten Fires

DSC_0081andgoesontovictorywithearly.jpg

Telenor & Andrew Lynch

DSC_0091Telenor.jpg

Gamble Bootlegger struggling to get past Got the Urge

DSC_0102GottheUrgeapproachingthelas.jpg

Both would be done after the last by outsider Carlas Dream and Robbie Moran

DSC_0114CarlasDreamwouldbeatthembot.jpg

Time for the big race and with no stable lasses leading up it meant a proper judgement on the best turned out which went to Medical Card and Nina Carberry

DSC_0127BestturnedoutMedicalCard.jpg

Cognet goes off at a fast pace

DSC_0134Cogentgoesoffatabriskpace.jpg

Getting reading for the presentation

DSC_0139Readyforthepresentationpart.jpg

Third placed Mick the Tooth

DSC_0152ThirdplacedMicktheTooth.jpg

Runner up Medical Card

DSC_0151Bestturnedoutfinishes2nd.jpg

And the winner of the Winningwaysracing.ie/Talking Horses bumper was Skorcher another winner for the Mullins team in bumpers.

DSC_0159Skorcherbecomesthelatestina.jpg

Grey presents the winning trophy with Cantoris joining him and the winning connections (anyone know if the famous winning ways cap was worn at Krystles?).

DSC_0166-1.jpg

I didn't spot at the time that Telenor's saddle had slipped back off his withers. It didn't seem to bother him.

Well done, Arkwright, some good ones there.

Some great pics there! Thanks for putting them up, really appreciated!
I really must get a proper camera.... I've no way to zoom in like that
I think your Leopardstown pics are going to put me to shame, mine are very disappointing (well the interiors are fine, but that's hardly the point for here LOL)

Thanks, Arkers.

Hasn't Deal Done have a lovely head?

I love the shot of Ten Fires first time round.

A sound choice for best turned-out in the first, BETS.;)

I have just noticed who the person is in the hat that attracted Betsmate's attention. He used to be my nephew, Stephen. She is now my niece, Stephanie.

Great pictures Arkwright. Looking forward to the Leapordstown ones.

An Capall behave.

Great pictures Arkwright. Looking forward to the Leapordstown ones.

An Capall behave.

After a revelation like that i think you need to behave!! Dodged a bullet there my friend!!

Great Photos Arkwright, dont remember it being so bright at it!!

Yes on that first pic......well presented, flowing mane, fine coat and looked perky............................and the horse wasn't bad looking either!!

Yes, no prizes for guessing why that won best turned out!!! Traditional as ever I see!!

Well done Arkers, your photos have improved so much - you're taking nice pictures, good stuff!

wheres my toblerone??!!!

There is a fascintation among the non-paddys about this toblerone phenomenon. That would be a bit like me being fascinated by the concept of bitter in the UK!!

When you are reared on the "any four bars there for a pound" which has now changed to "any two bars there for a euro" (damn that inflation) the toblerones just come with it!!

Well done Ark! Some crackers there alright. Looking forward to see that one of Brave Inca coming over the last. Top marks!

Top marks also Betsmate!! I must have been at the bar for best turned out in the first...slipped up there.

Right I'll give it a go - the sizing instructions seem a bit odd!

These have come out so badly esp in terms of colour etc that it has finally goaded me into spending all day on the web trying to find the kind of camera gear at a price I can afford... Not easy - but that was a wasted opportunity which will never come again! Ah well - oh hell - :rolleyes:

It should be fun doing this as the site continues to log me out after 3 mins....

I'll put up some Inca-related stuff first, then see how we go for time

Attachments

• Inca2.jpg
    Inca2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Inca3.jpg
    Inca3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
after the race - the final one is 'hunt the trainer' which will be followed by 'hunt the jockey'
I have to say the bit from the horsewalk to the parade ring coudl do with a bit of a makeover LOL

Attachments

• Inca5.jpg
    Inca5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Inca6.jpg
    Inca6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Inca7.jpg
    Inca7.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Inca8.jpg
    Inca8.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
... and the final shoudl be a happy syndicate manager

Attachments

• Inca9.jpg
    Inca9.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Inca10.jpg
    Inca10.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Inca11.jpg
    Inca11.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Inca12.jpg
    Inca12.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20
On the very 1st picture you put up Headstrong, of Brave Inca in the parade ring before the race, i'm pretty sure you can make out Delboy (well his balding head) and Betsmate in between Ruby and the horses neck....think Arkwright is in between them....i'm too small to be seen!!

On the very 1st picture you put up Headstrong, of Brave Inca in the parade ring before the race, i'm pretty sure you can make out Delboy (well his balding head) and Betsmate in between Ruby and the horses neck....think Arkwright is in between them....i'm too small to be seen!!

What have i told you about people in Glass houses with Stones?? Yes, thats right, they will be shot, cos bullets are cheaper than panes of glass!!

Im not balding, i have just decided to save some growth for a rainy day.....Look at Colm Murphy, mad for growin his hair when he was younger, ran out of the stuff....I dont want to take a chance...:whistle:

Back