World Cup Group B

Any thoughts on the 3rd/4th place play off<O:p</O:p
I know the Aussies will be without Cahill, but surely 8/1 is too big (or being conservative just laying Spain at 2/5)<O:p</O:p
The Spaniards looked absolutely clueless last night and will just want to get on the plane and off on their holidays. Even getting beaten twice, the Aussies have overachieved and reckon they’ll be 100% up for it<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the 3rd/4th place play off<O:p</O:p
I know the Aussies will be without Cahill, but surely 8/1 is too big (or being conservative just laying Spain at 2/5)<O:p</O:p
The Spaniards looked absolutely clueless last night and will just want to get on the plane and off on their holidays. Even getting beaten twice, the Aussies have overachieved and reckon they’ll be 100% up for it<O:p</O:p

Yeah it's a fair shout Perpetual.. I'll be very interested to see the Spain starting 11 for that one.
I'd expect the likes of Fabregas, Cazorla, Koke, De Gea(If fit) to get a start here. Maybe even the likes of Villa or Mata will get a run.

Both good points, but suppose if it's a game best left alone, you're better off backing the outsider of 3<O:p</O:p
I'm having half my stake now and the balance if Spains starting 11 is relatively unchanged<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Chile are 2/1 to beat the Dutch who have Van Persie out.

They are a far better team and need to win to avoid Brazil (not really a bad thing but I imagine they would want to regardless).

I wasn't too impressed with the dutch in their second game ( although I was in a bar in Portugal and under the influence ). I'd be leaning towards Chile getting something out of this game.

I wasn't too impressed with the dutch in their second game ( although I was in a bar in Portugal and under the influence ). I'd be leaning towards Chile getting something out of this game.

Me too. 7/4 on Chile with RVP out is surely a very decent bet.

The Dutch are basically a poor premiership team with RVP and Robben (Blind decent). Sneijder now operates at the level of a Tom Cleverley.

IF Chile play with the same intensity as against Spain (or close) they will win. You would imagine for all the fact I think they would beat them that Chile would prefer to avoid Brazil..

The only reason to want to avoid Brazil is that their the host nation and might get some favourable refereeing decisions. I've seen nothing in their play to worry a decent side.

Actually, I think Chile draw no bet at 2.08 is the way to go in case the game lacks the intensity needed for them to eke out a win.

Agree with Chile and also the dnb as the best option, but there is a good chance Chile will rest a few players, they have qualified already and with their hard pressing game it may be wise to leave some key men on the bench, particularly Vidal who is not long back after an injury.

Last edited:
I've backed Spain minus 1 for my sins. No point in giving them up on them now after losing a fortune. I can see Torres driving me mad but I think that is half the fun.

I'm addled from the cricket ...

Not sure why the Dutch aren't getting any love around here but if Robben stays healthy they are major players.

Last edited:
Back