World Cup Group B

Incredible game.

I thought Spain would win easily after 40 mins, if Silva scored that chance...

Robben was savage.

Pique, Ramos and Casillas were like 3 drunk clowns and at least 2 of them shouldn't play the next game.

Will be hard to see Spain come back from that.

Goal difference makes a bad night worse..

A draw against Chile could end up with them trying to beat Australia by a cricket score in the last match.

At present this is where we are at with this group:

fjpxabf_zps7cedc1d1.gif

Silva was the only Spaniard who looked interested. Iniesta looked distracted and I don't remember Xavi doing anything at all. If the answer was Torres, Del Bosque was obviously asking the wrong question.

I've gone nuts, and backed Australia to beat Holland at 16/1.

Holland aren't that good, and Australia impressed me against the Chile (after an appalling first 20 minutes). I am aware Robben is likely to make me look like a mug.

I have also backed Australia on the Asian handicap (+1.75 at evens). Basically, my bet only fully loses if Australia lose by 3 goals or more (I get half my stake back if it is a two goal margin, and I am a winner for any other result).

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

I've gone nuts, and backed Australia to beat Holland at 16/1.

Holland aren't that good, and Australia impressed me against the Chile (after an appalling first 20 minutes). I am aware Robben is likely to make me look like a mug.

I have also backed Australia on the Asian handicap (+1.75 at evens). Basically, my bet only fully loses if Australia lose by 3 goals or more (I get half my stake back if it is a two goal margin, and I am a winner for any other result).

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

Stranger things have happened. Leckie really impressed me against Chile - I see he's apparently set for a move to another 2nd division German side - I would say quite a few bottom half Premier League teams would be interested if he wasn't.

I agree Holland are not all that if Robben has an off day.

What about 55 on the machine for 1-0 to the Aussies? If they are going to win, it's hard to see them scoring twice.

I can see this round of games being much tighter than round one. Probably lots of low scoring games now they've all had a chance to work each other out

Spain will surely revert to type tonight and play with a false 9, do the death by a thousand cuts and then bring on the strikers when the opposition tire.

You've got to credit Chile though. I'll have a pint of whatever they're on.

I can't remember the last time I saw an international team play so badly as Spain. Not even Scotland.

I can remember when Scotland would go into a game against Spain expecting to win (1960s). Can wee Gordon arrange a friendly with them asap?

You have to wonder if Chile can sustain that level of energy through another possible five games. You also fancy that Holland will do to them what they did to Spain at the last World Cup.

Never seen such an example of "evolve or die" absolutely useless Chelsea want to use their cooling off period to cancel the Costa transfer

Back