World Hurdle

With connections knowing that his tendon could go again at any time, I doubt they'd be wasting their time just lobbing around in championship races only with a view to get him spot on for Liverpool!

NH on Punchestowns. Wouldn't fill one with confidence

He's been fine but didn't have the pleasure or misery of watching Kasbah Bliss win at Haydock. If he had he'd be like me - and not as confident as he once were! That said Punchestowns is in good form and we've got to run. He will make a lovely chaser next season and this campaign over hurdles was always a bonus. That said at Christmas he looked to be a real live contender for the World Hurdle now I have to say our chances look weakened

NH on Punchestowns. Wouldn't fill one with confidence

That was a while ago granger (a few days). The trainer has been more bullish since (in the paper a couple of days ago) and is quite hopeful saying Punchestowns is everything you would be looking to see for this race.

Last edited:
Ladbrokes have pushed Punchestowns right out to 9/2. They go biggest as well with Big Bucks at 6/1 if anyones interested.

This has the makings of a great race. Likely to be a really strong pace, Punchestowns middivision, Kasbah Bliss and Big Bucks being held on to.

I hope (and expect) a huge performance from the French horse. I have backed him a few weeks back and just noticed I have Shakervilz from yonks ago as well.

I wouldn.t take much notice of trainer comments mesen, most of em are guessers...I stopped listening years ago...didn't hear henderson saying how impressed he was with Punjabi before the CH...then the one he was bullish about binocular runs as flat as a witches tit compared to the world beater we are led to believe he is.

Punchestowns is the bet of the meeting, will leave KB in his wake tomorrow....whoever is laying 9/2 is real silly.

trainers comments???..come on guys..you should know better;)

I'm in the Kasbah Bliss camp and think he will win.

However from a punting point of view; i think Punchestowns will be bang there and reverse form with Big Bucks, and i'm a huge Fair Along fan who is as genuine as the day is long and could sneak the 3rd place spot ahead of Big Bucks. So i'll be having a small combination tricast (in effect i'm place laying Big Bucks). Brave seeing as Big Bucks has only been beaten once over 3m and that was in the Hennessy, but only for small enough money.

Kasbah is weak in the market. Just the firms looking to take him on?

If he hits 6/4 then I'm betting.

Tremendous performance from the first two there. Can't believe Big Bucks kept going after losing his back end late on.

The staying hurdlers have been average since Baracouda and I think it was time for new blood. Two very nice horses there.

Lydia Hislop reckons that makes Big Bucks the best hurdler around. Hard to disagree given the state of the 2 mile division.

Back