World Hurdle

It's a bit galling to think of Inglis Drever as having been "average", but what Big Buck's and Punchestowns did earlier makes you wonder what would have happened if Inglis had remained fit. I would have hated to see him made to look less than a great horse. Best hurdler in the country or not, Big Buck's will no doubt be back chasing.

The Inglish Drever of last year, would have been long way 3rd today and even the best Id would have been beaten by these 2.

Sounds as though Big Buck's may stay over hurdles next season. Punchestowns to go chasing.

Ruby is magic on horses like that. Nicholls has had his share of quirky/clumsy horses in recent years and Ruby invariably gets the best from them.

He's now the leading current jockey at the Festival with 22 winners.

Lydia Hislop reckons that makes Big Bucks the best hurdler around. Hard to disagree given the state of the 2 mile division.

As you know, I've said a few rude things about staying hurdlers, and the fact that a converted chaser has won it says it all for me. I've long harboured a suspicion that chasers who are just below serious top drawer standard, have had this race at their potential beck and call for some time and that trainers aren't necessarily alert to it

Lydia Hislop reckons that makes Big Bucks the best hurdler around. Hard to disagree given the state of the 2 mile division.

I personally think its a nonsense statement..the staying hurdlers are in that division because they are slow horses...to say that a 3 mile plodder is a better hurdler than a champion hurdler who travels faster over the hurdles and would bury a 3 mile horse at that distance is stretching the meaning of the word better

LOL! It will certainly be interesting to see what NH does with Punchestowns next year. He's fast at his jumps but still has a lot of strengthening up to do - bit of a hat rack! BB looks much more the chaser already.

I had a RFCT on the first two and I'm slightly disappointed they came in that way round as I also had a good win bet on P at a decent antepost price! I'm amazed at all the pre-race hype over KB - he just doesn't like the place. And if the French tell me he's a dog anyway, I'm inclined to believe it. I think Doumen is a very good trainer (should that be was?) but he tends to be a bit starry-eyed about his stable stars. Not a trainer to listen to imo.

Hat rack????? Punchestowns looked fantastic, not a whiff of 'hat rack' about him!! Physically he is narrower than Mikael but that doesn't make him a hat rack!

Back