Xmas Money

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
nice to know i'm equal with Slim anyway:)

just remember its a horse race Benny...bad things can happen sometimes..lets hope not tomorrow

don't go and blow all your xmas pot..its 5f at Lingfield you know

it does look tasty though

i've knocked a little bit off the betfair price..its down to 2.22 now from 2.38...these people are mad

Last edited:
I suppose the only doubt is whether there will be enough pace given the small field. That and whether it's off given who trains it - you never know what he's up to...

Might have double my max bet and then lay half off (if I get my betfair a/c sorted).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wouldn't worry about pace at 5f..they will have a go..these are the advantaged horses you dream of to be fair..there is no real reason why they wouldn't be trying...its got a stack in hand..so they don't need to get it dropped...he could get 4 swift wins out of this if he places it right off its current mark

Last edited:
Two reasons in there to let it go. Good luck guys.

oh no..wouldn't let it go at the price it is..that would be daft

then again..over the jumps you have got a few obstacles in the way every time you put a bet on..they more risky than lingfield 5f to be fair

its a gamble...but one with a well in hoss..which is always nice

Last edited:
oh no..wouldn't let it go at the price it is..that would be daft

then again..over the jumps you have got a few obstacles in the way every time you put a bet on..they more risky than lingfield 5f to be fair

its a gamble...but one with a well in hoss..which is always nice

I'm sure someone somewhere will have stats but when you can win more by getting a hotpot beat than by winning why go for the latter? It's hard enough for owners and trainers to make racing pay with prize levels so low. I just do not trust midweek low level stuff. The lower the level the less I trust it. You seem to do well out of it so you have my respect and good wishes!

Last edited:
I'm sure someone somewhere will have stats but when you can win more by getting a hotpot beat than by winning why go for the latter? It's hard enough for owners and trainers to make racing pay with prize levels so low. I just do not trust midweek low level stuff. The lower the level the less I trust it. You seem to do well out of it so you have my respect and good wishes!

At end of day its a jigsaw same as the higher class stuff..you need to know who is in hand of mark same as any other level of racing..then you need to try and fit the race to it. Trainers are quite obvious with trip changes..you can see in the main when they are not really wanting to win...its like when you see a decent performance say over 6f..by a horse thats run a few times..not a 2yo that has probably won a maiden at wrong trip anyway...the trainer has an abundance of races on the AW to run that horse..but then drops it back to 5..or up to 7..why would you do that?...yes some win...but its usually a sign of..not today...again you have to assess the horse and decide if trip change is a blind or it can suit

this one not running is a shame,,but now its not run i personally would like to see it moved up in trip to 6...it was really getting going late last time..its an 80+ horse..so will be very interesting to watch what he does with it now. All the forum will be watching this now.

Last edited:
My bet was permitted under my strict 'Know Your Enemy' guidelines*

*I'm talking about Flat racing and not necessarily Slim.

shackled n drawn was the only horse with something in hand here on my figures....apart from Wedlock being even better in... had something in hand there winning..wedlock has at least 9lb in hand of that..a good sign for wedlock..whenever it runs

Last edited:
Back