Yeats (and The Gold Cup)

Well YEATS isn't down in the entries for the KG, although I guess he could be supplemented? VERACITY is noted as 'DOUBTFUL' - hmmmmm..... poor taste, methinks.

If Yeats were to run in the King George he would get creamed. He is an 8 year old out and out stayer nowadays. He wouldn't win a Coronation Cup nowadays. I think they will re-think this one.

Agree...I think connections are getting a bit carried away after his Gold Cup win. Yeats ran the last two furlongs in the Gold Cup in 26 seconds. It wasn't so much Yeats kicking clear as much as it was the remainder bar the second going backwards. The Coronation Cup was four years ago and in that race he was allowed an easy lead.

I'll be there. Pity he wasn't 'parading' in the Curragh Cup!!

Can you please get some pics of him if you have a camera and share with us? I think I will be divorced if I inform other half we are on plane this weekend. :(

I'm glad they are parading him, gives Irish fans a chance to see him.

Proves you really do have to enjoy the good times when they come as never know if you will get a second chance. Aidan does not want to run him again and may get his way yet.

Been hearing that he has not been brilliant on gallops since Gold Cup, nothing wrong, just not firing. And the ground not to his liking. A real shame as would have loved to have seen him there like last year, and he would then equal Double Trigger's record. :( BUT, you know the saying, 'he owes us nothing et al'

Dusting off the passport and hoping he keeps the engagement at The Curragh, or at the very least parades on the day. A good days racing anyway and many tributes to Vincent arranged for the day. :)

I'm very pleased, although he may have got his ground and thrashed them in the US I would prefer to see him retired in Europe. I hope he runs well! :<3:

Yeah, Wantage would be GRAND! :lol:

I asked about his stud fee last year and they would not give great detail but kept saying they wanted him to be affordable so that he could have a chance to prove his genes were as good as they think he might be, but they wanted it to be high enough not to attract only national hunt mares. Between 7 and 8 seems about right, Westerner standing for 6 at the moment. He's supposedly going to stand his first season at Coolmore itself and maybe go to one of the national hunt stations later on.

I'm convinced he could get decent flat horses too, if sent the right mares, but of course he will not be commerical, at least not to begin with so hopefully owner breeders will use him to get him started. He is so classy I'd think he would upgrade his mares. I'd love to sending him one to breed flat or jumps horses and if the filly we have in training ever does anything off she goes to him. I keep telling her to run faster and she gets Yeats!

By Nancy Sexton12.11PM 3 NOV 2009
OUTSTANDING stayer Yeats, who was retired to Coolmore last month following an admirable second in the Prix du Cadran, will commence his stud career next season under the Flat banner.
The announcement marks a departure from the traditional dual-purpose route taken by the majority of high-class stayers that have retired to stud in recent years.
A stud fee will be announced in the near future for the son of Sadler's Wells, who retired as the winner of 15 races - including four Ascot Gold Cups - and over £1.3m in earnings.
Trained by Aidan O'Brien, Yeats made an immediate impact when winning his two-year-old debut by four lengths at the Curragh. That victory immediately placed him in the Derby reckoning, and it was a status which was only strengthened early the following season when he landed the Ballysax Stakes and Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial.
Unfortunately, a muscle problem prevented Yeats from taking up his engagement in the Derby, in which he would have probably lined up as favourite, but he returned as a four-year-old to defeat subsequent Japan Cup winner Alkaased in the Coronation Cup.
Over the next four seasons, he developed an outstanding following with the racing public by winning an unprecedented four consecutive Ascot Gold Cups. He was also successful in the Prix Royal-Oak and two renewals of the Goodwood Cup.
Bred on the same Sadler's Wells-Top Ville cross as leading sire Montjeu, Yeats is a half-brother to Group 2 winner Solksjaer - now a sire in South Africa - and out of a half-sister to Fillies Mile heroine Ivanka. His immediate family also includes the multiple stakes-winning sprinter Bahama Mama and Prix Marcel Boussac scorer Lady Of Chad.

From a real tough female family, he didn't race till October of his 2yr old year. I wonder will he stand flat or NH .Probably Nh.

Back