York - Day 1

Await the dawn is a Juddmonte bred horse is he not? All the family have been with Abdulla anyway.

Got the race wrong anyway and got sucked in by the sexy profile and my inability to admit that Twice Over is a proper Group 1 horse. Scuppered my multiple.

Sea moon doesn't half look like Workforce and could be as good.

Entifaadha looks a forward and tough two year old. I think they will make hay with him this year. Not one for the guineas.

Sorry àway so cant help but aftertime (had no bet) - what form did Await the Dawn have to be fav? 3rd at best. Read the formbook!

Shouldn't you be on top of some Italian women rather than after timing on here?

Think together with the wide margin of his victories and the expected progression, he deserved to be favourite. I won't complain if I take 10/11 about 8/13 shots all year long anyway and it's unusual for me to back one so short.

It is, im surprised! He hasnt done much for me.

After the amount ive drunk and ate, any italian girl that let me on top of her would regret it instantly. Meeting some tomorriw though.

Sorry àway so cant help but aftertime (had no bet) - what form did Await the Dawn have to be fav? 3rd at best. Read the formbook!

Watch the replay and try to work out why anybody would back Await The Dawn at 1.23 in running.

I am glad I dodged the Await the Dawn bullet, as I have followed him with interest since his maiden win. I just felt the field was too good for the price.

I said this morning in work that I would back Seville and Await the Dawn all day at 2/1, not around evens.

Await the Dawn (like Frankel) was one of the progeny of the foal share arrangement between Juddmonte and Coolmore. Not sure of the figures, but it goes something like:

5 Coolmore mares go to Juddmonte
5 Juddmonte mares go the other way

They take turns taking the first pick each year. I believe that Await the Dawn and Frankel were the first picks in 2007 and 2008 respectively.

That is the worst puke inducing aftertiming I have ever seen on any board! Go fuck yourself Hamm - you know you want to!!:rolleyes:

The day Await The Dawn won his maiden there was a massive tip for the supposed Ballydoyle second string who was punted inna big way.The second string was Bannyan Tree a son of User Friendly who was beaten at odds on in a novice hurdle last week.

That is the worst puke inducing aftertiming I have ever seen on any board! Go fuck yourself Hamm - you know you want to!!:rolleyes:

I am against most O Brien hotpots very vocally on here, so its hardly a surprise. He beat Harrs Tweed! meanwhile, Twice Over and Midday had won nearly 10 Group 1s between them - ATD had never even run in One. And he was odds on!! This wasnt a difficult one im afraid from where im standing.

Last edited:
Ps im happy for you to explain, ignoring what happened today, why ATD should have been the price he was and hence a bet for you. He would have been bigger than 2s with me.

Ps im happy for you to explain, ignoring what happened today, why ATD should have been the price he was and hence a bet for you. He would have been bigger than 2s with me.

Hamm, I've no problem with your or anyone else's opinion on a race before it takes place, I actually enjoy them - Euro was against the horse from the start of the thread. Fair play to him - i hope he is now rolling around his bed in fresh fifties - but aftertiming has no place anywhere on this forum. I've done my dough - fair enough - I don't need some tosser (not absolutely directed at you) who has not expressed his view pre-race to confirm my suspicions that I need a brain transplant, thank you.

Hamm, I've no problem with your or anyone else's opinion on a race before it takes place, I actually enjoy them - Euro was against the horse from the start of the thread. Fair play to him - i hope he is now rolling around his bed in fresh fifties - but aftertiming has no place anywhere on this forum. I've done my dough - fair enough - I don't need some tosser (not absolutely directed at you) who has not expressed his view pre-race to confirm my suspicions that I need a brain transplant, thank you.
Stop being a dick and embarassing yourself, im out of the country, so posting before a race so as not to offend you is not really my priority. Again, read the formbook (or is it a case of hype or a word for a reason to have a bet?) and im happy to understand why you felt he was an all in shot at odds on. We all get things wrong, but i cant help but laugh when i see massively underpriced AOB horses time and again...

Last edited:
I couldn't care less if you were on the moon Hamm! I had ATD two pounds ++ ahead of his field for this race against what I believed were two regressive beasts from the Cecil yard.

I am a sore loser and talk through my pocket a fair bit but aftertiming I told you so merchants piss everybody off! No?

Back