York - Day 1

I had expected Fort Bastion to be about 7/2 for the Acomb and therefore opposable but in the event he's double figure odds and therefore backable. Entifaadha is worth a saver, though.

I think Midday might do Await The Dawn for toe and Campanology has a decent shout in the nursery.

Good to Soft, Good in places with a dry and sunny day expected. As long as it is not tacky there shouldn't be a problem for any of the main contenders in the big race?

The needle on the Await The Dawn bet is quivering. Will it start to move round the dial towards Max?

Good to Soft, Good in places with a dry and sunny day expected. As long as it is not tacky there shouldn't be a problem for any of the main contenders in the big race?

The needle on the Await The Dawn bet is quivering. Will it start to move round the dial towards Max?

MAXIMUM my good friend!!

Couple for me against the field in the Acomb are Balty Boys and Moon Pearl. Like what Balty Boys did at newbury in a good time and should be as good back at 7f given how strong in the finish he was. Moon Pearl strikes me as being much better than the bare form at Ascot, doing well to win from behind in a steadily-run race. The third that day, improved loads next time having performed in similar fashion so hoping for the same today.

Just have to be against Eagles Peak off 98 on only his second start at such a short price. Mick Easterby has been dynamite at York this year and Barren Brook looks big. He won with more in hand than it appeared at Doncaster I think and a 3 lb rise isn't harsh.

Similar sentiments to DJ here.

I backed Await The Dawn at 10/11 though, couldn't resist, I made him 8/13 personally and wouldn't argue with people making him shorter either.

Balty Boys time at Newbury was top drawer and I think he's a decent price at 9/1. Also think Zumbi is worth a few quid.

Eagles Peak is a typical hyped Stoute horse that needs taking on. My three are World Heritage (shaped very well last time out and French form is strong), Arlequin (Always seems to run a good race at York) and High Twelve (Always liked the horse and did it well at Ascot I thought).

I'm sure await the dawn will win but I think he's a 5/4 shot against Midday and Twice Over. His overall form is not that impressive though he's a lovely individual...

I've had one bet today as i'm working and only had time to look at the Acomb (Which is a really exciting race):

Multiple: Entifaadha/Furners Green + Await the Dawn

I thought these two were the most impressive maiden winners. I prefer Entifaadha to Furners green but that maiden win was boosted by his stablemates (Who also run) next time out and Coolmore have bought him from O'Brien (Not sure of the arrangements but he ran in AM O'Briens colours last time) so he must be showing plenty at home as well as the track.

As much as I like Midday and Twice over I think the former is a tip top grade 1 filly but I think she's just short of beating the best of the boys and Twice Over is a borderline G1 horse who has picked up some weaker Group 1's due to being around for so long. Await the Dawn has the potential to be a top group 1 horse and was really impressive last time on ground softer than ideal so I fancy him strongly.

Should pay around 4/1 which I think is a fair price on the bet.

Await The Dawn for me.

Midday becomign headstrong and Twice Over regressing, ATD has the scope and the form on the book.

Did Queally not learn from the Nassau last year when she almost pulled herself up and the Coronation this year.

Ten minutes in the door from a short family holiday-had an absolutely screaming touch in running on the International.

Back