York - Day 2

Been quite impressed with CH4's coverage. They do too much frigging about at Cheltenham between races (same at Chester) but it was nice to see plenty of air time given to watching Midday and Sariska going down to the start for example. Am I right in thinking this meeting doesn't have a "Ladies Day"?

Have to agree with this - More space between the races and less fluffy fashion rubbish (Which C4, no bugger watching the racing on tv really cares about - How many women would tune into channel 4 racing to check out the fashion?) and as a result we've been given more time to see the horses before they run and more in depth analysis. The trainer pieces have been quite interesting as well.

I find the kamp guy comic. Marietta does my head in.

Me too - Marietta knows sfa about fashion imo. The Bamford daughter looked hideous - footless leggings and a scarf is on trend ?? Purleeze... :p Only the third girl in the pretty dress looked anywhere near stunning and if that's the best hey could find on York racecourse yesterday, I would be very surprised, as Yorkshire gals can do fashion very well.

What mile Group 3s are there for him?

I wonder would the Group 2 7 furlong race at Glorious Goodwood suit? If he runs from the front like yesterday, he would have every chance - seems a well-balanced horse.

As a matter of interest, Songsheet, which would be more valuable to you from him - to win a standard class group 3 or come third in a standard class group 1?

I think they need to be looking at G3s and G2s - I cannot see him really being competitive at present with Goldikova , RVW and Paco Boy.

It won't make a lot of difference now to me, Melendez - from our viewpoint, the value has already now been added to the colt we have in the field - yes, it would help a bit if he placed in a Gr 1 (or won a 2 or 3) but basically what he's done is emphasized the fact that Songy's MONSIEUR BOULANGER colt wasn't a fluke. What it would make a difference is whether there's any value in the colt for a minor place at stud somewhere if he wins a Group 3 or Group 2 or places in a Group 1 with the main beneficiary being FAREER himself.

He's a good looking colt and still has an awful lot more to do to be given such a chance but it's an outside possibility.

As a matter of interest, Songsheet, which would be more valuable to you from him - to win a standard class group 3 or come third in a standard class group 1?

wins are more important.

Songsheet are you going to keep a filly out of the mare to breed with and if so who will the Sire be.

We have said if she foals OK to BAHAMIAN BOUNTY next year and it's a filly, we won't be moaning ! Her fillies aren't as good as her colts, although if you ever speak to Joe Foley, he'll tell you the best CAPTAIN RIO he ever saw was the filly he bought out of Songy. Sadly, she broke a leg in a paddock accident and he was as gutted as I've ever seen him about it. Whether she would have been any good is another matter!!

She's getting on a bit now of course, she'll be eighteen next year, although she hasn't got a lot of miles on the clock as she missed at least three years because of her annoying habit of nearly 12 months gestation every bloody year!

Just hope she continues to be well and happy and if she never foals again, she owes us nothing and will just live out her days here being a grumpy old tart, bossing the rest about.. !

Songsheet, well said about the fashions. That outfit with the footless leggings and the mismatching high heels...

O'Brien not a happy camper in the paper - he says the vets did check the horse over and trotted him. When that was done they went and got him iced and poulticed when the vets came back again to see him trot. That is when they said no.

Read all that in the paper this morning - that's just taking the piss. Having already had the vets trot up the horse and examine him, why should they demand to do the same again? Smacks of harassment to me.

Think James means 'She' and Ellie referring to ONE ALONE?? And yes, ONE ALONE is an exceptionally good looking mare, and as she was by ATRAF, I think it isn't fair to blame Songy for that one being less that able...!!

We have said if she foals OK to BAHAMIAN BOUNTY next year and it's a filly, we won't be moaning ! Her fillies aren't as good as her colts, although if you ever speak to Joe Foley, he'll tell you the best CAPTAIN RIO he ever saw was the filly he bought out of Songy. Sadly, she broke a leg in a paddock accident and he was as gutted as I've ever seen him about it. Whether she would have been any good is another matter!!

She's getting on a bit now of course, she'll be eighteen next year, although she hasn't got a lot of miles on the clock as she missed at least three years because of her annoying habit of nearly 12 months gestation every bloody year!

Just hope she continues to be well and happy and if she never foals again, she owes us nothing and will just live out her days here being a grumpy old tart, bossing the rest about.. !

I'd say a nice filly by BB would be a timely result.

Back