York - Day 2

On form shown at the racecourse I think Cape blanco is the one, but Workforce looked a very promising horse and is the most likely winner.
The winner of the Dante should go to Epsom like favorite,

Very good, authoritative run from Sariska. Strange one from Midday. Happy with Flying Cloud who ran as I thought (thought ground wouldn't be ideal for Sariska) - Godolphin will win Group races with her this year, though best to avoid these two again.

Sariska did it fine but nothing special on form there and I very doubt she will be able to beat the males later in the season.

I think Cape Blanco will be ready they won't want this one getting beaten.

Well read Sheikh. Travelled really nicely, but seemed to take his time a little when asked to get after Coordinated Cut but then did it quite comfortably in the end.

Did it very well indeed considering (just looking at him on the TV) that he was carrying plenty of condition.

Ta , did it nicely, he's a different kind of Galileo isn't he. Any theories on Chabal ? I did think there had to something better than him out there.

More likely it's Luke having kittens, than his wife having a baby, after a lumpy one on the hopeless CHABAL! SARISKA is superb - very strongly made, every inch of her looks toned. MIDDAY - does she always hold her head up in that odd pozzie? Not sure she entirely liked the first half of that race.

Very dissapointing from Chabal and no excuse really. Vibes about the winner had been very positive in relation to the Derby but I could not back an O Brien horse at the moment.

Same here Gal - very impressed with Sariska less so with Midday who didn't really get going until late on.

I was worried about the going for Sariska, but she strode out well. Having said that she probably needed the 5lb she was getting from Midday today.

Workforce hated the going and did quite well in the circumstances. CB did it well and will likely join SNA, perhaps ahead of Jan Vermeer (who may go to France) in the Derby. Chabal is an in-and-out performer who's probably not really good enough at top level at his best anyway.

I'd expect Workforce to bypass the Derby and head for Ascot.

I don't often back tips (unless they mirror what I think anyway), but I'm told the Cecil horse wins the 3.45. (Apparently they expected it last time out, but frustrated.) Dettori takes the ride (for those that think that'll make a difference). I've uncharacteristically (for a horse I know nothing about) had some on.

YAAYYYYYY!!!!

And that's without a centime on him! Hope he filled a lot of pockets on here as well as at York today. Looked absolutely super - I really enjoyed seeing how smooth his action is when he loves the going. Full credit to Richard Hills for barely touching him - he didn't need to, as it happened, but no need to make a song-and-dance with the whip when it ain't necessary. A pleasure to watch. Now, who wants to pre-order a full bro or sis? ;)

Think Jim & John absaloutely right about Cape Blanco looking sore after the race. WF hung as though he wasn't happy on it as did Midday. Would think there would be pleny coming home jarred after today - maybe with the exception of Fareer who looked like he loved it - a fine performance and such nice well-deserved comments too afterwards by C4.

WF hung as though he wasn't happy on it as did Midday.

Held up towards rear, effort over 4f out, pushed along, hanging left over 3f out and bit went through mouth, ridden and headway when hung left 2f out, soon driven and kept on inside fnal furlong to take 2nd last 100yds

Did one cause the other? And which?

Congrats SS - a lovely looking horse.

There is definitely a Group 3 in him if he is campaigned correctly. Back to Royal Ascot now perhaps?

A horse winning a handicap off 103 should at least be able to win a listed race with a bit of improvement.

Back