York - Day 2

WoW is a dog.

Crystal Capella should hose up. 3s huge. Blue Bunting to chase her home. Banimpire could plug on into third.

Harsh on WoW. I might be over reaching here but maybe the ground at the Curragh was against her given that she's a Kingmambo. She was well beaten on soft on her second start. It's just like Ballydoyle to get two hotpots beaten and than steam in with an unfancied one. I'm tucking in if I can get 8s.

Good call on ATD Euro. You were against him all the way...

I just didn't fancy anything enough to take him on with. I should have got me laying boots on.

Had she handled Epsom better, Blue Bunting may well have been on a 6 timer here.
Though she needs plenty of stoking, she got into a bad position at the Curragh and would have been an unlucky loser. No such problems with York's long straight, and with her own pacemaker and the ground helping, ought to win this tidily.
Pintura (3.05) has run well on faster ground, though he's always been a little bit better with some give, has the perfect draw for his running style, and I can't see him out of the first 4.

Am I the only one who thinks Laughing Lashes is the value e/way bet - She was having her first try over 1m4f in the Irish Oaks and ridden to get the trip - she stayed on really well considering the jockey dropped the whip over 1furlong out. She's lightly raced this season and should be ridden with a bit more confidence this time and surely the jockey will hold on to the whip this time. I just think we haven't seen the best of her yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Laughing Lashes is the value e/way bet - She was having her first try over 1m4f in the Irish Oaks and ridden to get the trip - she stayed on really well considering the jockey dropped the whip over 1furlong out. She's lightly raced this season and should be ridden with a bit more confidence this time and surely the jockey will hold on to the whip this time. I just think we haven't seen the best of her yet.

Im with you on this one, I was on the last day when he dropped the whip, and maybe it was the pocket talking but i thought at the time the horse would have won.

The Lowther. Gamilati will likely be favourtite, but it is hard enough to carry a penalty in this race; I think Flashy Wings might be the last horse to do it successfully. I am ignoring Best Terms for the same reason.

Shumoos will fancy her chances of reversing the form with those two, but I am not sure she is getting enough of a pull from Gamilati in particular.

That leaves me with two fillies who will be coming here off the back of wins at Ascot over 6f. Angels will Fall brings top form to the table. I think she looked very green at Ascot on King George day, but she knucked down pleasingly once the penny dropped. The previous day Simcock sent out a very well backed horse to win a good looking maiden. Hello Glory was ridden like a very good horse in that race, and the second and third have come out and won since. I will be backing her, unless she is less than half of her forecast 14/1 in the Sporting Life.

Silly me for ignoring the winner. Amazed she went off at 11/1 really. I only backed the Simcock filly to win, so no dice on that.

I think the winner might be very good. Looks like she should stay 7f, but a mile next year would probably be pushing it too much.

Where the hell is everyone today?

Blue Bunting did that very nicely indeed, and the Cecil yolk is obviously high class too.

Crystal Capella and Wonder of Wonders -> is that how good they are? Banimpire ran a poor race.

I suppose all we can glean from the race for sure is that the Godolphin filly is tough and very good.

It would be lovely to see her, Misty for Me and Midday face up.

Yeah, server was down all day. Wonder of Wonders was hilarious. A debutant couldn't have looked more clueless about what to do. Very nice performance from Blue Bunting. Would like to see her go for the Vermeille but they're talking about the Leger instead.

Even a half fit Sarafina would eat her for lunch.

Have to disagree. Blue Bunting is not flashy at all but is hard as nails and in a truly run 1m4f I don't think Sarafina would be able to hold her or get by her. She was found out last year against top notchers and when we get to the Autumn this year I think the same will happen.

Hang on a minute, she was nearly knocked over in the Arc.

She wasn't in the Vermeille though and was easily beaten by Midday.

I backed her in the Arc last year and I think she's a top class filly but i'm not sure how much she'll find in a battle and would rather back Blue Bunting against her. If I owned Blue Bunting I would be going to the Vermeille, not the leger. It'll bottom her, as it does most horses.

I know the French don't see the Vermeille just as an Arc trial but Sarafina isn't alone in improving from the race to run better in the Arc. Egyptband was only third in her year before running into Sinndar.

She clearly improved as she was way ahead of Plumania, although I think the latter was a pacemaker for Planteur if I remember correctly.

Not denying she's a top filly but still would not agree with the statement she would eat Blue Bunting for breakfast. BB is one of those horses that never wins flashy but is very hard to beat. Horses of that ilk often go off a bigger price than they should. BB was 7/2 at one point yesterday, which was way too big imo.

Back